It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: AUTO: Danica Patrick among Indy 500 pole contenders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Danica Patrick just may make sports history before the end of this month. While 3 other women have qualified for the Indianapolis 500 previously, none has come close to getting the pole position. Her speeds have been among the tops during the past week.

ESPN Story

"This is the fastest I've ever gone,'' Patrick said Friday. "I think some of the top speeds have been around 235 or 234.''

With every lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Patrick has been learning what it takes to handle a car at such high speeds.

"Your hand movements have to be really, really slow and small,'' she said. "I experienced a little bit of that at 200, 210, 212. Another 15 miles an hour or so is making a bit of a difference.''

Related links

CBS Story

Danica's website

Indianapolis 500

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
the run for the pole position was rained out on saturday and will be held on sunday, weather permitting

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
tony kanaan won the pose for the indy 500 today

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
How did Danica do?

She is, IMHO, the best looking Inday car driver.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
i believe she qualified 4th, they have manipulated the qualifying system this year to draw more interest and since i don't follow these guys like i used to i really don't understand it all, but that is where i think she will start

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Good for her.

What would you guys give her for a chance in this?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
i haven't been following this series much at all, i will watch the 500 becuase it is still indy and maybe catch another race or two so i haven't really seen her drive, that said, i would have to give her a better chance than the last woman they were promoting, sarah fischer, from what i saw of her she would get to drive a spiffy car for a few miles and then hit the wall and be out of the race, she is in the nascar busch series now, hopefully danica is a quality driver and not just another 200 mph publicity stunt, she is getting a lot of press, she might really be a racer, time will tell

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Keep me posted, man. I'm not much of a race fan, but it would be cool to see the gender-barrier broken with a real competitor, ala Annika Sorenstam.

new topics

top topics

join