It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: Chelsea win the English Barclays Premier League

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Chelsea are the champions of England for the first time in 50 years after clinching the Premiership title with a 2-0 victory at Bolton on Saturday night. Fittingly it was two second-half goals from the excellent Frank Lampard that clinched the title at the Reebok Stadium.

The Blues, maybe with one eye on their Champions League semi-final second leg against Liverpool on Tuesday, started slowly and struggled to assert their superiority in a scrappy first half. But, needing victory to clinch the title, they were a different side after the break and went ahead on the hour.

Lampard showed huge composure in cutting inside Vincent Candela as he seized on Didier Drogba's knockdown before picking his spot past Jussi Jaaskelainen. Sixteen minutes later Lampard made sure of victory for Jose Mourinho's men, breaking free down the middle and rounding Jaaskelainen to tap the ball into an empty net. As he basked in title glory afterwards boss Mourinho said he is keen to extend his contract at Stamford Bridge.

He said: "This group is really special - that's why I want to stay with them for the maximum time, maybe for longer than the contract I have.

"The players deserve this, so do the fans, Roman Abramovich and Peter Kenyon."

Sportinglife.com

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
They had a great season and did awesome to win it. Chelsea are not one of my favourite teams but you have to take your hat off to them. They will win it again next season...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I didnt want them to win but my team is in 9th so I cant complain. They were the best this year and proved it

new topics

join