It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: TO not present for Eagles mini-camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Trying to create a problem. That seems to be TO's MO. Amazingly, he was well behaved last season. Months before the new season starts, though, he is creating waves with his teammates in Eagle-land. Holding out in hopes of getting a better contract after just one season with the team, Owens is not building on the friendshipos he started with his teammates last season. He's ripping them apart.

ESPN Story link

"If he's here, he's here. If he's not, he's not," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "We have an understanding here that if you're not here, we move on without you."

"I played every snap they allowed me to play," Owens told ESPN.com. "I wasn't even running until, like, two weeks before the game. But I made sure I was in the best shape possible. I wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl."

Donovan McNabb, who made a recruiting pitch to get Owens to Philadelphia before last year, clearly isn't happy with any of the comments.

"I wasn't tired," McNabb said. "For whatever has been said, I don't play games in the media. If someone has a problem with me, they can call me or they know how to get in touch with me. That's the way to handle the situation.

"Don't try to throw names or guys under the bus to better yourself. You never heard me say any names in any situation, You never heard me talk about any given players. I'm the guy to be professional and be a man about things."

As always, Andy Reid and Donovan are the epitome of professionalism. As hard as it is for me to say that...

Related Links

CBS story

TO's Jock Bio