It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: TO looking for new contract, may hold out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So, your agent screws up royally, and eventually you fire him. After a good season, you decide that the contract you signed with the team that you wanted to play with isn't good enough. Oh yeah, and it's not about the money. Sounds like the same 'ole TO to me. So much for being a team player. Eagles fans, be careful what you wish for. In the CBS article, you can read the comment he made about McNabb.

Story link

Terrell Owens already wants a new contract from the Philadelphia Eagles before he starts his second season with the team.

Owens, who helped lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl in his first season in Philadelphia, is looking to renegotiate the seven-year deal worth almost $49 million he signed last March.

"Everyone knows my former agent settled for a low-ball number because of my situation last season when Baltimore traded for me," Owens said. "He told me he couldn't get a cent more, knowing I deserved more than they gave me.

"They used their leverage to strong-arm us because they knew I wanted to leave Baltimore for Philadelphia, and they capitalized on it. I can't go for that now. It's not in me to do that.