It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League Two results 09/04/05

page: 1

log in


posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:48 PM
Yeovil returned to the top of Coca-Cola League Two in style with a 5-2 win at home to Mansfield.

With Southend out of action due to tomorrow's LDV Vans Trophy, Gary Johnson's side took advantage against the Stags. Arron Davies scored after only five minutes but the visitors hit back hard, Adam Rundle levelling before Rhys Day scored a penalty early in the second half to put the Glovers behind. But Darren Way equalised four minutes later and Michael Rose and Phil Jevons turned the game on its head, only for Way to make it five.

Lincoln remain in sixth after a very late win at home to third-placed Swansea. As the game looked headed for a stalemate, Swans defender Garry Monk deflected Peter Gain's shot into his own net deep in injury time.

S#horpe are back up to third after overtaking Swansea following their 2-1 win at Northampton. Andy Kirk put the Cobblers in front four minutes in but after Paul Hayes' equaliser, Richard Kell completed the recovery with a deft header after 21 minutes.

At the other end of the table, Chester moved further away from the relegation zone with a dramatic 2-1 win at home to Boston. David Noble had put the Pilgrims in front but after Rob Booth's equaliser, Ryan Lowe stole the victory for managerless Chester in the second half.

An injury-time equaliser cruelly denied Kidderminster three vital points at home to Bury. Chris Porter's opener for the Lilywhites was cancelled out by Blair Sturrock and Dean Keates had appeared to have won it for Harriers, only for Ricky Shakes to appear in added time to snatch a draw.

Rock-bottom Cambridge put a massive dent in Darlington's play-off hopes with a 3-1 home win. Clyde Wijnhard opened the scoring after only nine minutes before former Wales striker Iwan Roberts fired Cambridge level. Goals by Andy Duncan and John Turner turned the tables to hand the strugglers three vital points - though it may be too little, too late.

Richard Walker and Craig Disley scored either side of half-time before goalkeeper Scott Shearer's late mishap as Bristol Rovers beat Rushden 3-0 at home.

Two second-half penalties scored by Tommy Mooney cancelled out Julien Baudet's goal for Notts County before the break as Oxford won 2-1 at the Kassam Stadium.

Marc Richards hit two as Rochdale beat Leyton Orient 2-0 at Spotland while Grimsby and Wycombe drew 0-0 at Blundell Park.



log in