It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Hill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I highly recommend anyone to come here. Very spooky. We took our video camera fully charged battery. Once on the hill the battery read LOW. Once off it it read FULL.

I drove my car at a speed of 50 miles an hour then let go of the gas and my car began to slow down and rolled in reverse at 20 miles an hour! (IT'S A CLUTCH, 5 SPEED)

This is not an opticall illusion!

CLICK!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
is this for real?! sound pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
there's a place about 30 min from here that the water in an aquaduct seems to flow uphill...I'll take some video soon...I'm sure it is an opticle illusion...but still odd looking

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've read articles about it, and seen a documentry about that hill. The hill contains a much higher than usual ammount of magnet.
That hill is quite famous for it's unexplained phenomena...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
is this for real?! sound pretty cool.

Yes......VERy REAL! I took footage. Somehow I will convert to an mpeg and post it. Scientists spent weeks there camped out and could not figure it out. They threw thier hands up in the air and left.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He he, I've actually been to this place. I lived in Bedford PA. It is an illusion, these places exist all over the world. It really is an illusion, the brain is decieved into perceiving the horizon in the wrong place. I've been to the famous one in Ireland too.

Funny, though, it really does confuse the brain.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There are a few places just around pittsburgh that are all called "gravity hill" (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania). I have been to two of them. Both seem legitimate at first, but are really just optical illusions.

I would bet money that your "gravity hill" is an optical illusion as well.

Besides, if there was really a lack of gravity there, you would float away, not roll uphill. If there was less gravity.........you would still roll downhill.

Optical Illusion

[Edited on 12/11/2003 by Seapeople]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
But an optical illusion doesn't explain the battery anomaly mentioned before.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Ok, lets make a bet. I will take a camera to your gravity hill, and charge the battery. Lets all see if it loses power in the area......

If yours did lose power.....I feel good in saying that is a coincedence.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
There are a few places just around pittsburgh that are all called "gravity hill" (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania). I have been to two of them. Both seem legitimate at first, but are really just optical illusions.

Besides, if there was really a lack of gravity there, you would float away, not roll uphill. If there was less gravity.........you would still roll downhill.

Optical Illusion

Did I not say that Scientists where there? They took levels and put it on the ground and the bubble went the OTHER way.

But I guess you would know because you know.

Like my battery going dead? Then recharging to full?

That does it I will keep you posted when I make my video to mpeg, and one more thing you can't see the horizon from there, you are surrounded by HILLS.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by U.S. Patriot

Optical Illusion

Did I not say that Scientists where there? They took levels and put it on the ground and the bubble went the OTHER way.

But I guess you would know because you know.

Like my battery going dead? Then recharging to full?

That does it I will keep you posted when I make my video to mpeg, and one more thing you can't see the horizon from there, you are surrounded by HILLS.

Look for something hard enough, and you will find it. Like I said, Ill go there, we will see how many electronical devices get affected...

....oh wait, If I was to go there, and prove you were wrong, you wouldnt believe me anyway.......

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Ok, lets make a bet. I will take a camera to your gravity hill, and charge the battery. Lets all see if it loses power in the area......

If yours did lose power.....I feel good in saying that is a coincedence.

I would love to, but unfortunately I can't make it there...

But you can challenge US Patriot though...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
[quote
....oh wait, If I was to go there, and prove you were wrong, you wouldnt believe me anyway.......

Yes I would but you can't. People have done everything to prove IT wrong.

I was THERE.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If it was strong enough to pull a car uphill, it would be covered in leaves, trees, garbage, dead animals, etc. You wouldn't see the hill at all if it was that strong. Think about how heavy a car is and how much energy is needed to pull it. Then think of Everest, which only contains enough mass to pull a ball on string slightly sideways (they tried it).

Really, there isn't enough mass to create enough gravity to pull a car there. It's an illusion. As for the battery, I have no idea. It is feesible that there's something there creating some sort of interference, but wouldn't there be some signposts saying "Do not drive here" because this would stop cars from working too.

It really is an illusion, my friends.

However, PA is full of Iron. It could be a different hill and I could be talking poo-poo.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   

link   

link   
You know, I have heard the same claims about the "gravity hills" from where I live....not to far away actually. There are magnetic abnormalities, and so on.

There is none. It is just people who want soemthing to be real so bad that they disregard facts that hurt there case, and only put forth those that support it.

Again, the only thing that could make you move iregularly on a hill like that is the total absence of gravity. Any gravity at all, and you move downhill.

As far as magnetic indications of abnormalities. They have scientists go into houses that are supposedly haunted and find "magnetic abnormalities". They find them in prisons, battlefields, UNDER POWERLINES NEXT TO ROADS, in buildings made of certain metals...ect. ect. They find those anywhere...and magnetic and electronic abnormalities have nothing to do with gravity...

Nothing to do with gravity, but hey, if they said that then they would be putting forth evidence that did not support there intentions. Also, that wouldnt be what the people wanted to hear now would it....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
It really is an illusion, my friends.

It's way out in the counrty like way out. It is paved with asphalt so when they paved it they graded it first (laws of civil engineering) and no, it's not some warp filed/black hole. When you are at the top of the hill and look down at the barn at the bottom of the hill you can see clear across the roof of the barn which is over 30 feet high.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here ya go...

math.ucr.edu...

Sometimes you may find or hear of a mysterious place where objects can apparently roll uphill. This is a remarkably common illusion which is found in numerous locations around the world. Usually it is a stretch of road in a hilly area where the level horizon is obscured. Objects such as trees and walls that normally provide visual clues to the true vertical, may be leaning slightly. This creates an optical illusion making a slight downhill look like an uphill slope. Objects may appear to roll uphill. Sometimes rivers even seem to flow against gravity.

Spots where the illusion is especially powerful often become tourist attractions. Tour guides may like to claim that the effect is a mystery or that it is due to magnetic or gravitational anomalies or even that it is a paranormal phenomenon that science cannot explain. This is not true of course. Natural anomalies can only be detected with sensitive equipment and cannot account for these places but science can easily explain them as optical illusions.

EDIT: The closest to me, that I know of is Spook Hill, North Wales Drive, North Avenue, Lake Wales, Florida, USA

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by U.S. Patriot

Hey, you're not the first person to believe this, they have been attractions for a long time.

I would like to know what you said to me then decided to change. Have I annoyed you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join