It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: Dmitri Young hits 3 Home Runs in season opener

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Dmitri Young opened the bseball season with some hope for tigers fans. Trying his best to live up to his own preseason hype, in which Dmitri said "We're the Tigers, not the kittens", he succeded, for one game, anyway.

ESPN

Young went 4-for-4 and matched a career high with five RBI, and Jeremy Bonderman won as the youngest opening-day starter since 1986 to lead the Detroit Tigers over the Kansas City Royals 11-2 Monday.

Detroit's performance created a frenzied atmosphere before a Comerica Park-record crowd of 44,105 on a sunny day with temperatures in the 60s.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Look out Barry Bonds!!

Dmitri Young is on pace to hit 486 homeruns this season!!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nobody believes me when I say it, but I believe that the Tigers will win their division. Dmitri Young is probably my favorite 1B. He had a slow year last year, though he did have that one game where he was 5-5 with 2 3B's and 2 HR's.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It wont hurt having bats with the likes of Magglio Ordonez and Pudge Rodriquez around you either.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thats a great way to start the season for sure. Whats his average of homers for a season?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just under 16 per season, so, averagely, he can take some time of.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how he does and if he can top his best. Players previous totals are always there to be beaten..

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think his previous best was 21, so he's well on his way..

new topics

top topics

join