It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League One results 02/04/05

page: 1

log in


posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:40 PM
Stockport were relegated from Coca-Cola League One on Saturday after their 2-1 defeat to Brentford at Edgeley Park.

Scott Fitzgerald gave the Bees the lead after 57 minutes but a penalty from Adam Le Fondre gave Chris Turner's side hope of extending their stay in the division. However, a strike from Sam Sodje with four minutes remaining ensured a win for the visitors and League Two football for the Hatters next season. No other team in the relegation battle could muster victory.

Peterborough conceded a late winner to Huddersfield at London Road. Chris Brandon gave the visitors the lead but Wayne Purser levelled on the stroke of half-time. With a draw looking increasingly likely, Danny Schofield struck for Terriers with six minutes left.

Wrexham lost 2-1 to Bournemouth at the Racecourse Ground after goals from Darren Purches and Wade Elliott set the visitors on their way to victory. Chris Armstrong pulled one back but the hosts could not grab an equaliser.

Torquay conceded a late equaliser against Walsall at the Bescot Stadium to ensure none of the bottom four won. Adebayo Akinfenwa gave the Gulls the lead but Matt Fryatt scored with 10 minutes left to ensure it ended 1-1. Both teams at the top of the table won their respective matches to maintain their bid to secure automatic promotion to the Coca-Cola Championship.

Luton remain top by three points after Steven Howard score the only goal of the match against Blackpool at Kenilworth Road.

Hull kept up the pressure on the Hatters after Peter Taylor's side won against Barnsley at the KC Stadium. Leon Cort gave the hosts the lead and Daniel Nardiello levelled after 64 minutes for the Tykes. But Craig Fagan restored the lead five minutes later and it remained 2-1.

Tranmere beat 10-man Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 at Hillsborough, after the hosts took the lead through Chris Brunt's 31st-minute penalty. But the Owls had Zigor Aranalde sent off 10 minutes after coming on as a half-time substitute, and goals from Michael Jackson and Iain Hume completed the comeback in the clash between the promotion hopefuls.

Hartlepool completed a routine 3-0 victory over Swindon at Victoria Park, with goals coming from Joel Porter, Thomas Butler and Richie Humphreys.

Leroy Lita and Paul Heffernan scored the goals as Bristol City beat Port Vale 2-0 at Ashton Gate.

Chesterfield drew 0-0 against Bradford, with chances proving difficult to create at Saltergate.

Milton Keynes Dons drew 1-1 with Oldham at the National Hockey Stadium after the visitors took the lead in the fifth minute through Luke Beckett. Gareth Edds, however, levelled for the hosts with six minutes remaining.


log in