It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SONS OF LIBERTY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 09:57 PM
link   
were they ever involved in a new world order or were they part of the freemasons?

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Some were Freemasons, but I can't remember how many, the number was not all too staggering, and unlike many who claim otherwise, they didn't organize their efforts in a Masonic Lodge.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 11:48 PM
link   
S ons O f L iberty. SOL, the sun... you do the math.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Which ones?

The original ones were secret societies of extremists who helped start the American Revolution. As FM said, doubtless some were Masons, and some weren't: earlyamerica.com...

But if you do a search on "Sons of Liberty" you also come up with a number of modern groups which seem to be fairly extremist and conspiracy-oriented. I doubt that there are many Masons in any of those.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 09:55 PM
link   
at the history of Freemasonry and all of its members in the political arena, it should become clear that fomenting revolution was almost the entire purpose of the organization. Political intrigue, assassination, deception, slanderous media campaigns, all of which were designed to create THEIR desired changes.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You can't relate the Sons of Liberty of the 1700s to the Freemasons, as I said some might have been Freemasons, but the Sons of Liberty had their own agenda, they were doing their OWN thing. Remember, Freemasonry originated in England, General Lord Cornwallis as well as all 3 major English Generals in the Revolutionary war were all Freemasons...bet you didn't know that one.

It is not like Freemasonry put all its power behind the birth of a Democracy, its creed says to always pledge your loyalty to your country, therefore the Revolution was an action of men, not fraternity.

Freemasonry's largest contribution to the U.S. was not an instigation of rebellion or the formation of the declaration, but the government which still stands today. If you hadn't noticed, the federalism of the U.S. is a near copy of the Lodge government of Freemasonry. Only a little more centralized with there being a President.

Sincerely,
no signature

PS. I'd look it up but I'm busy, I know Lord Cornwallis was a Freemason, I'm sure that the Comander in Cheif of the Brittish Army in the Americas (I forget his name howe?) was one, and I'm also kinda sure that there was a third, you can research more on it if you want, and if need be I'll find the sources myself.

But still, point is Freemasonry was as much on the torries side as was it on the yanks, Sons of Liberty was only on the Yanks side.

top topics

join