It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: The end of the road for Barry Bonds?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Whats the deal with Barry Bonds? He returned to the SF Giants training camp on tuesday, only to deliever some bad news.

Could this be the end of the road for Bonds.. Will his injury be an excuse to quit the game altogether? With the drugs scandals in Baseball and the BALCO controversy hanging over his head it could be an easy way out for Bonds. At 40 years old he is no spring chicken and he has stated that he is tired of it all and the media have got to him.

Barry Bonds returned to the team's spring training complex on Tuesday to begin rehab for his latest round of knee surgery and told reporters he could be sidelined until mid-season or could miss the entire 2005 campaign altogether.

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped," Bonds said during his interview on Tuesday. "You wanted to bring me down, you finally have brought me and my family down. You finally have done it. From everybody, all of you. Now go pick a different person."

Source: The SportsNetwork

Last September, the Giants dropped a provision that would have allowed them to void Bonds' $18 million salary in 2006 if he failed to reach 500 plate appearances this year or 1,500 combined from 2003 to 2005, including at least 400 this year. So it looks like they will save some money if he fails to make it to the plate this year.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
poor, poor barry, the press is picking on him.....it's not his fault, he is tired, the whole world is against him....might just chuck it all....WAHHHHHH......even his ex-girlfriend is saying he is a cheater....come on barry, be half a man and come clean, you made your bed now sleep in it,

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Does anyone think that if Bonds doesn't play this upcomming season that he will be able to come back in 2006?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i think that if bonds doesn't play this year he won't be back...and if he does he will be half the player he is now....in more ways than one....

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
if barry doesn't come back at some point of time during this season, i wouldn't hold out much hope of him returning back to the world of baseball.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that he'll return towards the end of this season, to give him enough time to break Ruth's home run record, but he'll reitere well short of Aaron's.

TRD

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Barry Bonds returned to the San Francisco Bay area on Thursday to continue rehabilitating his surgically repaired right knee because the Giants believe the team's SBC Park is better suited for the slugger than the spring complex in Arizona.

The Giants say they have no timetable for Bonds' return.

LINK

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I hope he whines his way into quitting. Fitting for a cheater that blames everyone but himself for his woes. Poor baby. I hope he quits, does not pass Ruth or Aaron, and is forever tainted as a cheater, quitter and complainer. Absolutely 0 sympathy for this bonehead. He needs to go away. Or he could step up and be a man. But after this whiney whimper to the press yesterday, I hope he is spoofed into infinity. He represents absolutely nothing that I hold forth when it comes to sportmenship, personal integrity, any of that. What he does represent is a spoiled, crybaby, entitled, cheating jerkhead.

Go away Bonds. Go away. The only record you should be allowed to keep is that of quitter.

[Edited on 3/24/05 by drhiii]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
barr is now saying that he needs to lose some of his "muscular weight"....kind of a strange thing for a guy to say in the position he is in....

My family has been incredibly supportive of me because playing baseball is what I've always wanted to do. But there has to come a time when I take some of this (muscular) weight off and forget what other people think or want me to do.

If I want to live until I'm 80 years old, I'm going to have to become a leaner-type, cardio-type individual who keeps his heart rate up. I'm not going to fight that losing battle against my weight when I'm retired and my metabolism slows down

mlb.mlb.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
sounds like he's try to get an alabi for getting skinnier, once he's off the 'roids...

new topics

top topics

join