It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Saints ready to make deals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Saints are looking to make some changes to the team, I guess they feel a shake up is in order to make up for the very disappointing season that they had last year.

ESPN Story

New Orleans officials have ramped up trade talks in an effort to deal a pair of defensive starters, end Darren Howard and free safety Tebucky Jones, and hope to soon complete trades of both veteran players. The Saints and Miami Dolphins have spent considerable time in the past two days, in fact, working on a deal involving Jones, the leading tackler for New Orleans in 2004.

It is Howard, though, who is generating the most interest.

Howard, 28, last week signed the one-year "franchise" qualifying offer of $7.8 million and that is a prohibitive amount for the Saints to carry on their salary cap. New Orleans, which has a pair of first-round defensive ends in Charles Grant and Will Smith, would prefer to rid itself of that cap hit. By dealing Howard, the Saints would recoup the entire $7.8 million and perhaps use the savings to work on long-term extensions for veterans such as tailback Deuce McAllister and center LeCharles Bentley.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
The Saints are looking to make some changes to the team, I guess they feel a shake up is in order to make up for the very disappointing season that they had last year.

It's about time, this is the first I've heard of the Saints this off-season. Meanwhile other teams have been snatching up free agents left and right.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
It's about time, this is the first I've heard of the Saints this off-season. Meanwhile other teams have been snatching up free agents left and right.

A couple of teams, anyway. It seems a pretty quiet off season compared to the past few. Of course, I may have "Danny Bay" blinders on.

new topics

join