It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips falling asleep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I usually have a hard time falling asleep, since I have to much stuff to do I can't stop thinking. Does anyone have the same problem as me?

One way I try to make myself fall asleep is to mentally find the square of every number up to 100. I know, crazy, but the intensity of thought knocks me out, lol.

[Edited on 12-11-03 by Saucerat]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
LOL....Just gotta say you are one crazy mathematical #er!!! hehehehe...

Anyway, if you have trouble falling asleep...just read one of THENEO or Russian posts...Works for me...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
One word: Meletonin. Get "Nature's Bounty" or Harvest (whatever the cheapest brand is called). If you seriously have problems going to sleep then take 3 3mg tablets. That will make you sleep real nice. And its all natural. If you suspect you have normal sleeping problems then take one and work your way up, as needed. You can get this stuff at CVS, in the vitamin section.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Xanax will slow your brain down...trust me....I only take it when I am too stressed to fall asleep...makes you become a mumbling zombie otherwise. But...if you don't want to see a doctor to get a presciption...BEER!...works the same...haha.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   

One word: Meletonin

Yep....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Alright, thanks for the info.

How about some non-drug sleeping remedies?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well, there's always Rosy Palm and her 5 sisters....

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Music makes me sleep tho the choice of rock music on low is a bit weired. I also have celtic and indian navaho "spelling " song / chants which makes me sleep

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
meditate. Do long math problems. Run around the block 10 times if you can make it. Warm milk?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Beer does work. But it has to be nice and strong so you're not guzzeling too many of them. I find if I sip down 1.5 - 2 tall cans of a beer called Faxe 10% alc. I go to sleep nice. But there is one drawback, you will usually only get anywhere from 3 - 4.5 hours of sleep before it wakes you up. Either to go tinkle or just dirupts your sleep. But I have gotten to the point where I can usually fall back asleep after a bit of laying there. :w:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I count sheep jumping over a fence when I can't sleep and it does actually work!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
okay ive got two things that work for me the first is when i sleep i think of my self as going under water so i lay on my back relax my breathing then i in your senuses you start to feel a preasure mentaly focus on the presure and force it in to one spot and them metaly push your self back like your going under water .... if that doesn't work theres always masturbation lol

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Headbutt the wall as hard as you can. That might work, I havn't tried, but knock yourself out.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
valium valium valium

2 or 3 pills of 10mg should do the trick...its real good it works for me:w:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Melatonin could really # up your day-cycle, so be carefull with it..

I'm suffering from the exact same problem as the first poster, and I have yet to find one solution - Except listening to good music. Unfortunately it usually takes me ~45 mins to relax this way..

Ill try the square root suggestion, love maths, maybe itll work?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Lorazapam...........

A perscription tranq. that is Gods gift to insomniacs.
No hangover, no drugged feeling

It makes me happy!

new topics

top topics

join