It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Redskins' Brunell Reworks Contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I am gald to see Brunell re-work his contract, hopefully some other players on the team will do so to help them retain the nucleus they have. Brunell' snew numbers aere barely above league-minimum.

Wahington Post story link

Last year, Brunell signed a seven-year, $34 million contract that included an $8.6 million bonus. Brunell was scheduled to make about $2 million this season -- a $500,000 roster bonus due this month, plus $1.5 million in base salary. Sources with knowledge of the details said that Brunell agreed to reduce his roster bonus to $235,000 and will earn $765,000, the NFL's minimum salary for a 12th-year veteran. Brunell could make up for the difference through incentives, which don't count against the cap.

Related Threads -

Coles for Moss thread

Vikings sign Smoot thread

[Edited on 3/10/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Is Brunell even being offered the chance to compete for the starting QB position or is Gibbs pretty set on Ramsey? It looks like Brunell reworked his contract to the league minimum but could make much more with incentives. It's hard to get any incentive money when you're on the bench.

Great idea with the "related threads".

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Is Brunell even being offered the chance to compete for the starting QB position or is Gibbs pretty set on Ramsey? It looks like Brunell reworked his contract to the league minimum but could make much more with incentives. It's hard to get any incentive money when you're on the bench.

Great idea with the "related threads".

I believe that Coach Gibbs has already stated that Ramsey is the man for next season, but I am sure if Brunell outplays him, it's Marks job. After his performance last season, though, it will take a lot of out performing...

the related threads idea actually came from TRD, but it is a good idea all the same.

new topics

join