It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier results 5/03/05

page: 1

log in


posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:02 PM
The fight for the Bank of Scotland Premier League title took another twist when Inverness substitute Bryan Prunty netted a late equaliser against Rangers at Ibrox on Saturday.

Barry Ferguson's 57th-minute goal had looked like giving Rangers a victory which would have put them nine points clear. But Prunty - a former Celtic player - had the final word to earn an unexpected point for Caley.

The spoils were shared in what was very much a game of two halves between Dunfermline and Hearts at East End Park. The Pars took the lead when Scott Wilson rose highest to head home Iain Campbell's corner on 32 minutes, although Craig Gordon could perhaps have done better than flap the ball into his net. But stand-in Hearts captain Paul Hartley tucked the ball into the bottom left-hand corner on 62 minutes from the penalty spot after Wilson was adjudged to have fouled Lee Miller to earn his side a point.

Kevin McNaughton emerged as the unlikely match-winner with a terrific 80th-minute solo effort at Kilmarnock to keep Aberdeen on track for a place in Europe. Dons' goalkeeper Ryan Esson kept the score goalless at half time with a brilliant penalty save from Kris Boyd. Pittodrie defender Richie Byrne fouled Colin Nish inside the area in the 44th minute but Killie striker Boyd was denied from the spot by the keeper.

Burton O'Brien's 49th-minute goal gave Livingston their first-ever victory over Dundee at Dens Park and blew the relegation fight wide open. The three points gained drags Richard Gough's men to within two points of the Dark Blues and onto level points with Dundee United.

Goals by David Partridge and Scott McDonald gave Motherwell a 2-0 victory over hapless Dundee United at Fir Park to leave the Taysiders in relegation trouble. Only three minutes had gone when Londoner Partridge rose unchallenged inside the United six yard box to head home a Kevin McBride free-kick. The second goal came shortly after the interval when Tannadice defender Alan Archibald's blunder allowed McDonald in. The visitors however, could only have themselves to blame for yet another defeat which owed as much to their ineptitude as it did to their opponents' superiority.



log in