It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tool's Lateralus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Tool are a great hard rock/progressive metal band, infamous for their cryptic and dark songs. Their last album, Lateralus, is pure brilliance. Interestingly, there is a hidden track toward the end of the album titled, "Faiip de Oaid", which is Enochian (some ancient language) for 'The Voice of God.' The song itself is very eerie, with lots of static, weird industrial noises, thunderous drumming, and a sample of a phone call from a former Area 51 employee, made to an Art Bell radio show on September 12, 1997. The phone call transcript it:

"I tell you, I don't have a whole lot of time. I'm a former employee in Area 51. I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago, and I've kind of been running across the country. I'll tell you, I don't know where to start, but they're gonna... they'll triangulate on this position really really soon. Okay, well, what we're thinking of as aliens, they're extradimensional beings that an earlier precursor of the space program made contact with. They are not what they claim to be, they have infiltrated a lot of aspects of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51. The disaters that are coming, the military - I'm sorry, the government - knows about them and there's a lot of safe areas in the world where they could begin moving the population to now. They want those major population centres wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable."

Then the song just stops, abruptly. The silence is, in itself, deafening.

I just thought this may be of interest to you all. I am not trying to plug the band Tool or anything, but the song is very cool and the sound of terror and insanity in the mans voice is truly frightening!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have that album... But can't remember finding that track. I know some albums only have hidden tracks in certain areas they ame out (e.g. thw]e US).

I will put the CD into a computer and try and find it. Thanks for that info

A lot of bands seem to have lyrics about Aliens and that. Another example is Megadeths song "Hanger 18".

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hangar 18 = awesome song. Early Megadeth were unbelievable, particularly Rust in Peace and Peace Sells. The Tool song is at the very end of the album, after Triad. Allow Triad to finish and then wait 5 or 6 minutes...and the hidden track begins.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Cool thanks for that

Yea Megadeth were brilliant.. Though some of their newer stuff was good too, more modern and structured though, not thrash.

Their song "Peace Sells" has a hidden part to it. I don't know if it's on the peace cells album, but the version on "capitol punishment" has it. Wait for the song to finish, wait for about 10 seconds, and a lot of random stuff starts, lol.

But a lot of Metal bands sing about UFOs and all that... Why is that? I have read somewhere on this site about one of the band members in Tool actually being a UFO follower.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I am lukewarm on the new Megadeth. I liked Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings, but Risk and the World needs a Hero just didnt do it for me.

Tool's vocalist, Maynard, is very much into the occult, supernatural, etc., and definitely a firm believer in the alien presence.

Which other metal bands reference UFO's?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I haven't heard those new Megadeth albums, so I can't comment. Only heard the odd newer song "Trust" for example.

Umm... I can't seem to think at the moment, lol. I know there were a band called "UFO"... also I know of another band *goes to get book where it was said* Damn, I remembered... It was a library book, lol.

I will have a look around.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Dave growl (nirvana, foo fighters)
is a UFO follower.

The band name... Foo Fighters. Lol. Plus their record label is "Roswell Records"

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Oh, plus Blink 182 did a song called "Aliens Exist"

But that may of been a 'joke' song, lol.
I'm sure there's others.

Can anybody else think of other bands that sing about UFOs in any way?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Found this -

"Adam's Apple (Tyler)
"One of the greatest put together songs that Aerosmith ever did. Those were my thoughts on UFOs, the theory of evolution, the monkey, and Adam and Eve. How incredibly naive to think that there were just those two people just buzzing around the woods naked, having a blast."
--Tyler
"

From - www.rockthisway.de...

Sorry for all the replies, lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I don't know why the website is called "Worlds Greatest Band"... But here's the link to it.

www.worldsgreatestband.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the cool links, it is much appreciated!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
the story behind the "secret" Tool tune, most of the odd sounds are from a malfunctioning piece of Adam Jones' gear...

if you poke around here you'll get the inside scoop-
Blair, their web guy makes many trips to Dulce and Area 51-

TOOL-BAND.COM

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hypocrisy dealt with that sort of subject matter a bit. There is a ton of songs with ET/Alien references in them.

Its not worth reading too much into the lyrics though people so don't get tricked

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
you mean Journey's Wheels In The Sky isn't a sign?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Yeah that was Great - I freaked out the first time that I heard it - Was that really from a recorded phone call from 1997? It kind of makes sense that these beings are Multi-Dimensional - Given Advanced Technology & the ability to Space/Time Travel? I don't know if anyone else has noticed but I am beginning to see a Pattern of people saying "I took '___' or Mushrooms & eventually I ran into an Alien" - not because they were Hallucinating but because the Drug actually shifted their Brain/Mind - so that they were able to perceive "Supra Dimensionality" & hence perhaps run into "Our Friends" that Hang Out There. I have read Crazy Stories about these types of experiences from people who took "'___'"!!! Anyone fell like chiming in?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here's an mp3 of the actual phonecall made to Art Bell.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
He seems completely freaked out! It's as if they are after him.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Frank Black (aka black francis, aka Charles Thompson) is a huge UFO "follower" and he has written dozens of songs about the phenonemon, both with The PIxies and with his solo band Frank Black and Frank Black and the Catholics.

Then of course, there is David Bowie.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
so the aliens are going to cause devastation of large population centers?

I dunno about that... that would mean the government has really no control.

top topics

join