It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: GOLF: Sunesson back to help Poulter

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Fanny Sunesson, the first woman to be made a member of the World Caddie Hall of Fame, has agreed to come out of semi-retirement for the Masters at Augusta in April.

But it will not be alongside Nick Faldo, whom she helped to four of his six Majors, that Sunesson reappears four months after announcing she was ending their long partnership to pursue other interests. Ian Poulter will be without his regular bag-carrier Mick Donaghy for the opening Major of the season - Donaghy's wife is expecting - and was delighted when his approach to Sunesson brought a positive response.

"Fanny's the perfect stand-in," said Poulter, now a member of the US Tour and part of the strong European contingent competing in this week's Nissan Open in Los Angeles.

"It's a huge tournament for me and I wanted somebody good. She's had success at Augusta (the 1990 and 1996 Masters with Faldo) and I think she's looking forward to it."

So is the 29-year-old from Hitchin, who made his debut on the hallowed turf last spring and finished 31st.

"It was a dream just to play there, but I'm going to be a lot more prepared this time," he added.

"One, I know how to play the course and two, I'll arrange my time better so that I can give it my best shot.

"It was such a busy week last year. I had all the family over and this time I'll have less responsibility for sorting people out."

Poulter's expectations have gone up as well, of course.

Sportinglife

new topics

join