It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League Two results 12/02/05

page: 1

log in


posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:11 PM
Yeovil moved back to the top of Coca-Cola League Two after Phil Jevons blasted a hat-trick in a 4-2 win against Bristol Rovers at Huish Park.

S#horpe could only manage a goalless draw at Southend on Friday night and Gary Johnson's side took full advantage to return to the summit. Jevons levelled for the hosts after Craig Disley gave the Pirates a shock lead. The former Everton striker added a second from the penalty spot eight minutes after the break and completed his treble 11 minutes later. Bartosz Tarachulski added a fourth and Richard Walker pulled one back for the visitors.

Swansea missed the chance to go second after they were well beaten, 3-1 at Leyton Orient. Andrew Scott, Daryl McMahon and Matt Lockwood's penalty gave the Os a three-goal lead before Lee Thorpe reduced arrears.

Macclesfield's promotion bid was boosted by a late winner at the Abbey Stadium against Cambridge. Graham Potter scored the only goal of the game with 10 minutes remaining to give Brian Horton's side the points.

Lincoln lost out 3-1 to Rochdale at Spotland with Steve Parkin's side playing most of the match with 10 men. Ernie Cooksey was dismissed for deliberate handball midway through the first half, with Simon Yeo scoring from the spot. But goals from Grant Holt, Greg Heald and Alan Goodall gave the points to Dale.

Notts County came from behind to record an impressive win against Darlington at the Williamson Motors Stadium. David McGurk gave the Quakers a 21st-minute lead but David Pipe and Kelvin Wilson netted in the second half to give the visitors the points.

Bury fought back from two goals down to grab a point against Boston at York Street. Andy Kirk and Simon Rusk scored in the first half to give Steve Evans' side a comfortable lead. But Tom Kennedy scored from the spot and Jon Newby levelled early in the second half as the spoils were shared.

Kidderminster's chances of survival this season were hit by Stuart Drummond's late winner for Chester. Ian Rush's side crept towards safety after Drummond scored the only goal of the game with 16 minutes left at Aggborough.

John Finnigan scored a last-gasp winner for Cheltenham against Mansfield at Field Mill. Martin Devaney gave the visitors the lead only for Colin Larkin to level from the penalty spot. A point would not have helped either side, who are both pushing for the play-offs, but Finnigan struck in the 89th minute.

Northampton fought back immediately after Oxford took the lead at the Kassam Stadium. Tommy Mooney opened the scoring for the home side but goals from Eric Sabin and Scott McGleish handed the points to Colin Calderwood's side.

Nathan Tyson scored a last-minute winner for Wycombe as they beat Rushden & Diamonds 2-1 at Nene Park. Graham Allen had given the home side the lead five minutes into the second half but Matt Bloomfield levelled before Tyson's winner.

Jake Sedgemore scored the only goal of the game for Shrewsbury against Grimsby at Blundell Park.



log in