It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League One results 05/02/05

page: 1

log in


posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:16 PM
Luton Town held on to top spot in Coca-Cola League One today despite conceding a last-gasp equaliser against Huddersfield.

The Hatters looked on course to extend their lead at the top after a first-half opener from Ahmet Brkovic at the Galpharm Stadium. But Luke Beckett struck in injury time to make it 1-1 and give the Terriers a share of the spoils.

Hull could have taken over at the top but could only draw 1-1 with Bristol City at the KC Stadium. Former England international Nick Barmby gave Peter Taylor's side the lead just before the hour mark, but the Robins fought back. Leroy Lita levelled for Brian Tinnion's side and either side could have taken the points.

Tranmere took an early lead against Bradford but could not hold on to take the points at Valley Parade. Iain Hume scored in the first minute but Rovers could not build on their lead and Dean Windass equalised with 13 minutes remaining. The visitors' frustration was compounded when Gareth Roberts was sent off for two bookings four minutes after the leveller, and it remained 1-1.

While the top three could not hold on to their leads, Sheffield Wednesday could not find a goal at all against Barnsley at Oakwell. Steven MacLean hit the post for the Owls, while Lee Peacock had a late effort ruled out for offside. Wednesday goalkeeper David Lucas saved from Michael Boulding's lob and substitute Nicky Wroe fired over.

Adam Boyd scored the only goal of the game for Hartlepool at Chesterfield to move level on points with Wednesday. The striker scored the winner after 55 minutes to give Pools three points. The home side had Jordan Fowler sent off in the first minute of the second half for his second booking of the match.

Stephen Hunt's late penalty gave Brentford the points against MK Dons at Griffin Park. Michel Pensee-Bilong was penalised for handball in the penalty area with 12 minutes left, and Hunt blasted the spot-kick into the top corner.

Blackpool boosted their hopes of safety this season with a fine 1-0 away win at Colchester. Simon Grayson scored with 15 minutes left on the clock, latching on to a cross from Keigan Parker.

Swindon staged a second-half comeback to beat Oldham 2-1 at Boundary Park. Kenny Cooper, who is on loan from Manchester United, scored after 14 minutes as Brian Talbot's side took control. But Sam Parkin struck on the hour and Grant Smith scored the winner nine minutes later to give the visitors the points.

Bottom club Stockport lost 2-1 to Peterborough at London Road after doing well to drag themselves back into the game. Calum Willock opened the scoring for Posh, only for Danny Jackman to level just after half-time. But hopes of a Hatters win were dashed when Richard Logan scored the winner after 60 minutes.

Port Vale came from behind to beat Bournemouth 2-1 at Vale Park. Garreth O'Connor opened the scoring for the Cherries after 13 minutes but goals from Billy Paynter and Chris Birchall gave Vale the win.

Torquay survived a late scare to beat Doncaster 2-1 at Plainmoor. Leon Constantine and Adebayo Akinfenwa gave the Gulls a two-goal cushion, and they held on despite Simon Johnson's strike with three minutes left.

Walsall and Wrexham drew 2-2 at the Bescott, with all four goals coming in a thrilling first half. Darren Ferguson opened the scoring for the visitors, only for Darren Wrack to level for the Saddlers. Chris Llewellyn restored the lead only for Jorge Leitao to ensure the points would be shared.



log in