It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Superbowl 39

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thank you, TRD, fpr acknowledging Ming's Supremacy in all things sport.

Ming is an Oakland fan; but Ming needs to review all current/prospective rosters before divulging this years World Series winner. Be patient, little ones.

TRD

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
Thank you, TRD, fpr acknowledging Ming's Supremacy in all things sport.

Hey i wouldn't go that far...

Originally posted by MingMercil
Ming is an Oakland fan; but Ming needs to review all current/prospective rosters before divulging this years World Series winner. Be patient, little ones.

Well that sure is a relief. Guess what? Trd is a A's fan aswell, now that sure makes me happy, as that makes two of us on sportz now and i was getting stick over it before. Not that i am the oracle of wisdom on them, but as far back they have been my no1 team!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
TRD, you are apparenlty not all bad. But you will, at some point, be required to retract your "I won't go that far" statement vis a vis Ming's Supremacy in all things Sport.

Ming has soured on the Red Sox. Let's face it - they bought a championship - just like the Yankees are always trying to.

Like NE, how can you not love, or at least deeply respect, a mid-budget team like Oakland who continues to produce great baseball players.

Ming will be switchng over to the baseball forum soon in order to make some exceedingly cogent observations.

Please try to be patient, wee ones.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Good article by CBSSportsline.com's Clark Judge......

Judgements: Recognizing the Super Bowl's bests, worsts

www.sportsline.com...

Click the link to read his explanations for each but here's a summary...

Most Valuable Player - Rodney Harrison

Least Valuable Player - Jevon Kearse

Play of the game - Harrison's INT at his own 4 yard line.

Coach of the game - Bill Belichick

Most obvious mistake - Eagles clock management (click here for most recent excuse)

Least obvious mistake - The Eagles' decision to try an onside kick with 1:48 left.

Biggest surprise - Terrell Owens

Proof that numbers can lie - Those three touchdowns and 357 passing yards by McNabb.

Proof the NFL never goes back on instant replay - Three times coaches Bill Belichick and Andy Reid challenged calls, and three times the decisions were overruled.

SI jinx? What SI jinx? - New England linebacker Tedy Bruschi keeps making big plays ... even after he's depicted on the Sports Illustrated cover with the word "defense" printed across his photo.

Tom Brady's MVP - New England wide receiver Deion Branch

Best performance by a lefty - Paul McCartney

Fantasy football player du jour - The next time New England linebacker Mike Vrabel joins the offensive huddle near the goal line, somebody on defense cover him. He has five catches in his career, all for touchdowns -- including one each in the past two Super Bowls. Fantasy-football geeks, look at it this way: He produced more points than Brian Westbrook, Deion Branch and Terrell Owens combined.

Most underrated performance - Cornerbacks Asante Samuel and Randall Gay

Canton, here he comes - Tom Brady

Next challenge for the Patriots - It may not come from without; it may come from within. The last Super Bowl champion to lose its offensive and defensive coordinators was the 1994 San Francisco 49ers, and while they overcame the departures of Mike Shanahan and Ray Rhodes to reach the 1995 playoffs they exited with a loss in their first game and never again reached the Super Bowl.

Advertising malfunction - GoDaddy.com

That stink was not Jacksonville, Mr. Kornheiser -No, it was the smell of toilets overflowing an hour before kickoff at Alltell Stadium. The situation was so bad that sinks were used as urinals by non-discriminating fans, a situation that must have reminded Eagles followers of the way it was.

www.sportsline.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
harrison showed what veteran leadership is all about

top topics

<< 1   >>

join