It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Newz Forum: BOXING: Exclusive Online Chat with 'Dynamite' Dean Phillips

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:
Sir

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It seems your having trouble in hooking up with fights over here. Would it be easier to pick up fights outside of the UK?




posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sir
It seems your having trouble in hooking up with fights over here. Would it be easier to pick up fights outside of the UK?


i am looking into every available avenue, but I still have faith in my promoters to get me sorted.



posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hey Dean, how many fights have you had outside of the UK?



posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Hey Dean, how many fights have you had outside of the UK?


None out of the UK yet. however, if an american promoter is interested in doing something with me, then I am all ears



posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'd love to see you over here, man!



posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I'd love to see you over here, man!

Same here!!

Hey, any word on a date or an opponent? It's getting late in the month, I hope they gave you some kind of info by now. It's got to be hard to train for a mystery date and a mystery opponent, isn't it?



posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnforcer

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I'd love to see you over here, man!

Same here!!

Hey, any word on a date or an opponent? It's getting late in the month, I hope they gave you some kind of info by now. It's got to be hard to train for a mystery date and a mystery opponent, isn't it?


I have heard nothing yet, but I am keeping all options open so something will materialise soon. in the meantime I have been training like I have a fight approaching so am ready for whatever comes my way. That's what boxing as a business is like.


TRD

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Dean how is the training going? You been sparring with anyone yet? Is it hard to keep motivated?

Also did you see the Eastman fight?



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Dean how is the training going? You been sparring with anyone yet? Is it hard to keep motivated?

Also did you see the Eastman fight?


I am currently sparring with Dazzo Williams, British Featherweight Champ, among others.e I should know news of a fight very shortly now.

Eastman gave a very good account of himself. He did the right thing, coming forward, but he could just have been a bit more cuter in his approach, as he was getting caught with some good counters by Hopkins. It was those that won Hopkins the fight. The best way to deal with a fighter who is counter punching is to play him at his own game


TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I thought Eastman did well and maybe the scoring was a bit off, he had Hopkins in trouble a couple of times but failed to step it up. He wants a rematch but do you think Hopkins will give him one? He's what 40 now and i don't think he has many years left in him so i guess he wouldn't want a rematch.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
did the local newspaper ever do an article on the onlime chat that we had?



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I thought Eastman did well and maybe the scoring was a bit off, he had Hopkins in trouble a couple of times but failed to step it up. He wants a rematch but do you think Hopkins will give him one? He's what 40 now and i don't think he has many years left in him so i guess he wouldn't want a rematch.


a rematch wouldnt be good business sense for Hopkins. He will be looking at a big name or two to wrap up his career now.


TRD

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Do you think he is picking his fights carefully now? To be honest i wasn't greatly impressed with him and someone a bit younger with good hand speed could take him out. I know he has been a great fighter but he is definatly getting past it. What good fighters is there in his weight division?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join