It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Sea, Underwater Sighting (Indian Ocean)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
In 1995 I served my last year at sea. My last tour was on the USNS Kane, a US Navy Research Vessel charted by NAVOCEANO and under command of the Military Sealift Command. These ships were managed and crewed by a subsidary of Dyn Services ( front company for CIA or NSA) and this subsidary of Dyn Services is Dyn Marine Services, who I was employed by . My position was AB Unlimited, or a helmsman for the land people. A simple search on the above mentioned corporations will reveal the obvious connection.
The ships mission was submarine defense warfare related, whether it was hydrographic surveys(mapping of ocean floor) or the launching and towing of many various types of sleds, bullets, and other "secret" equipment. First, the winches on board were equipped with miles of high tech optical embedded cable that was connected to the various devises so we actually launched and retrieved to the deepest depths, I know of several occasions while we were on ops we would have equipment in 13000 feet of water.
The ship was divided in two areas of personnel, the crew, approx. 35 including deck and engine dept., and around 30 scientists who were employed by NAVO, the US Navys Oceanographic Office. There was a big division between these two, the crew and the scientists. Man, were they ever tight- lipped...and their labs and quarters took up 2/3 of the ship, and all the labs were secure, no entry what so ever to the crew.
I served as primary crane operator, and the scientists became partial to me launching with the crane and operation of winches. In 1995 I served 336 days aboard the Kane-
The night of the sighting we were in the Indian Ocean, and were pulling this rather large sled, whatever it did- when an unusual circumstance arose, The Senior Navo Scientist came to the bridge. Remember the division factor...and I was on the port bridge wing, my watch partner AB was on the wheel ( actually in the bridge, as we were on gyro) and the Second Mate had the watch. When the Senior came to the bridge he was actually being social, and he came out to the port wing to converse with me-Cool, I thought, this is unusual...and as we were speaking, I saw it.
Coming up from the depths was what appeared to be a small point of light, and was quickly becoming larger as it arose from the depths.When I said "LOOK" and every one on the bridge was watching the Senior did a most curious thing. He ran for the squwak box( here i have to add a note, as the scientists had their own "conn" or bridge, if you will, down below they were capable of steering and controlling course of the ship, however the command to turn or change course would always be relayed to us on the real bridge via this squawk box) and he said to his cohorts, and I quote his words "Gentleman, we have INTERESTING NATURAL PHENOMENA off the port bow" with heavy emphasis on the words I itailisized. As he ran back out to the port wing the object, which was round and I would guess 75 feet in diameter, was at this time I estimate was about 100 feet below our ship...it was so bright- the color of a green glow stick...and I also have to add that the seas were glass, dead calm. Seeing was easy. At this moment, How do I put it...The object went back down in the opposite direction it came from- at a very steep angle and whoa...it was haulin***, with a blur... it was gone.
Was it coincidental we stayed in this area for three days, going back and forth, around and around? I am convinced of alien presense in our oceans. For I SAW.
It is my hope that maybe one day we will know the TRUTH- our government knows, that's for sure. Any NAVO Scientists lurking here? Maybe we all will hear from one who is willing the speak.
I would be curious of any similiar expierences. I have seen pyro plankton, bio luminesence, glow jely fish, etc. What we saw was a craft of some unknown type, and not any of these natural sources stated above.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
theres a giant mothership in the indian ocean, so the rumor says

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i saw a show were there was this pulsing sound in the ocean somewere

no-one- knew what it was, this show was a show on dolphines but they did hint to something extraterestral

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
dmsoldier i saw that same show, the sound was most definetly weird, said that it had been picked up on the US SOSUS system as well as numerous independent passive sonar survey's, nobody knows what it is, but it did not sound natural in any way, very strange

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey I would be curious of any similiar expierences. I have seen pyro plankton, bio luminesence, glow jely fish, etc. What we saw was a craft of some unknown type, and not any of these natural sources stated above.

Hi Journey!!

Thanx for a "first person" account of your sighting of a USO - Unidentified Submarine Object. Unfortunately, I have no first hand experience of these (being a land lubber!) but there is some stuff on the web which might prove interesting?

www.space-2001.net...

I hope you find someone here who can help - and perhaps share their experiences too? Good luck!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Really interesting - sounds like Abyss in real life... well, except better!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks Genya, for the interesting link
I have a lot of reading to do. And until I read your post, I will admit that I was unaware of the term USO, this is a more accurate desciption, for sure.
The wonders of our seas...So close, and yet so far-

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
what about sphere that was a great movie too. Maybe its the real deal this time.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing it.

If you haven't already, take a look at the following website and submit a report of your experience to its webmaster.

www.waterufo.net...

Also submit a report to www.ufocenter.com...

Your sighting could be the missing puzzle piece someone else needs to see the complete picture. Spread it far and wide.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
Thanks for sharing it.

If you haven't already, take a look at the following website and submit a report of your experience to its webmaster.

www.waterufo.net...

Also submit a report to www.ufocenter.com...

Your sighting could be the missing puzzle piece someone else needs to see the complete picture. Spread it far and wide.

Good advice, and I heeded same- submitted to both links. Thank you for the links also, I was unaware of either. Especially the first one, very intriguing.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hey Journey,

It may be hard to find but if you can find a book called "Invisible Residents" by Ivan T. Sanderson (I think from the 70's) it deals 99% with USOs.

A very good book.

I would think the Navy knows alot not only about USOs but UFOS as well.

When it comes to investigating sightings which take place in our skies, I guess the Air Force is a good choice that's their job, defend the skies.

But when it actually comes to research and UFO tech and possible origins I would think that most research was transferred to the Navy at some point.

Submarines are the reason. Anything that can travel through the vacuum of the ocean can travel through the vacuum of space (Yes I know you can't use a submarine in space but you get my point).

That's why when people request documents under FOIA from the Navy about UFOs they always say, The Navy does not investigate UFOs which is true. But if you asked for any anomolous sonar contacts or USOs I bet it would be a different story.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Hey Journey,

It may be hard to find but if you can find a book called "Invisible Residents" by Ivan T. Sanderson (I think from the 70's) it deals 99% with USOs.

A very good book.

I would think the Navy knows alot not only about USOs but UFOS as well.

When it comes to investigating sightings which take place in our skies, I guess the Air Force is a good choice that's their job, defend the skies.

But when it actually comes to research and UFO tech and possible origins I would think that most research was transferred to the Navy at some point.

Submarines are the reason. Anything that can travel through the vacuum of the ocean can travel through the vacuum of space (Yes I know you can't use a submarine in space but you get my point).

That's why when people request documents under FOIA from the Navy about UFOs they always say, The Navy does not investigate UFOs which is true. But if you asked for any anomolous sonar contacts or USOs I bet it would be a different story.

Spiderj

spider, the thing about subs not useable un space, they were (not sure if they still are) planning to send a sub 2 europa, and foia, u wanna talk to the air force

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

u wanna talk to the air force

I agree about the air force for ufos but for usos the navy would be the one tracking that and anomolous sonar contacts the way the FAA and Air Force track anomolous radar blips.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Why cant you use a sub in space again ???

Provided that you fit it with a type of propulsion system and reinforce (tin foil it) against cosmic radiation it should work fine in space.

As for sub-surface anomaly, anything is possible considering the ocean depth remains 96% uncharted.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Wasn't there a famous UFO case some where on the east coast (I want to say it was at a US radar installation near Nova Scotia, Canada) in the 80s when a UFO "crashed" into a bay? I remember watching something on TLC or the History Channel about it...

The craft came at night and the residents of the small town thought a plane had crashed... A search party ensued and all that could be found was a lot of yellow foam floating on the surface of the water. The next day the military took an interest and divers were surveying the site. They left shortly after...

The story goes the UFO left the bay underwater and made it as far as Florida or something - tracked by SOSUS. There were a whole bunch of witnesses and a couple divers involved with the military search stepped forward with info...

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by tacitblue]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Are you talking about Shag Harbor, NS, tacitblue? In 67 a UFO went down in the bay there. Here is a link to an article if anyone is interested:
shag harbour

If there are any UFOs, I guess it would make sense to hide in the oceans, because there aren't millions of telescopes looking around.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
OUTSTANDING!!!!

Journey it is no doubt the ship you were on was looking for this type of activity and it would seem there is definitely something to the theory of more than one race of aliens on this planet ....i personally theorize our government is working with one species against another species......i have personally with friends and colleagues wintnessed many sightings of ufo's but of course never underwater !!!
Did you ever get a hint from the scientists what they were doing with there work...?
of course if you did you may not want to reveal it ....
Fantastic report and you may get my last wats for the month

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The experience, really, is what caused me to ponder upon many things. And kinda shook me up, as I had never really given much thought to ufo's, etc. But when you see, as I did, well, how do I put it..many questions comes come to mind.

The USNS Kane, and Usns Silas Bent are identical ships, and here is a picture of the USNS Silas Bent.

I served on both ships. Both ships have since been given or sold to Turkey. Another ship,in the same class, the USNS Wilkes, went to Tunisia as I remember.

The incident was not discussed, at all, after the occurence. And, was not entered in the ship's log. I also wish to state this- I was not required to have a security clearence, so I am not violating anything by discussion of this occurence.

The desire to define what I saw is great and personal, and that was why I posted here. Maybe a NAVO scientist will one day speak on this subject.

I was in awe when I saw... And the occurence happened exactly as I stated. Whether it is ours, or alien, there is something in our oceans. But I have never seen anything that big, and moving as fast as it did, under water.

Thanks for everyones input-

Check out the links provided by Condorcet- especially to water ufo. I learned plenty there- good to know that I am not the only person thats has experienced similiar situations.

But none that I have read fit the profile of mine. May we one day know the truth... I firmly believe it is in our oceans. What better place?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Sounds like Captain Nemo's Nautilus. Very interesting report, i wish there were pictures of the object that was sighted. The oceans are a perfect to place to hide on this planet.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Quite amazing. Thats all I can say.

Paul

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join