It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League One results 29/01/05

page: 1

log in


posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:25 PM
Coca-Cola League One leaders Luton came from behind to draw 1-1 at home against Tranmere but could rue a chance to significantly stretch their lead at the top of the division with Hull sitting it out.

Eugene Dadi put Tranmere in front in the fifth minute but the Hatters levelled eight minutes into the second half from the penalty spot. Steve Howard went down under a challenge from Ian Goodison and Kevin Nicholls powered home the spot-kick to leave Luton two points clear of second-place Hull.

The highest scoring match in the Football League was played at Walsall where the Saddlers beat Huddersfield 4-3 thanks to a second-half Matt Fryatt hat-trick. The Yorkshire outfit looked to be heading for a comfortable win after taking a 2-0 lead after 11 minutes with goals from Andy Booth and Luke Beckett. Walsall player-manager Paul Merson pulled a goal back in the 16th minute only for Beckett to net his second goal after 33 minutes. Matt Fryatt notched his first goal in first-half stoppage-time and levelled with a penalty five minutes into the second half, however. And he netted the winner after 74 minutes, lifting the ball high into the net to complete his hat-trick.

Sheffield Wednesday twice threw away a lead against struggling Milton Keynes Dons and headed north with a 2-2 draw. James Quinn put the Owls ahead after 11 minutes but Clive Platt levelled for the Dons in the 58th minute. A Ben Chorley own goal restored Wednesday's lead but Izale McLeod had the last word with his 85th-minute equaliser.

Struggling Stockport suffered another miserable afternoon as they were beaten 3-0 at Swindon with all three goals coming in a three-minute second-half spell from Matthew Heywood (61), Sean O'Hanlon (63) and Grant Smith (64).

Wrexham's meeting with Doncaster at the Racecourse Ground ended goalless.


new topics

log in