It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you actually looked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've been fortunate I've traveled alot and have been able to branch off from main trips to look for things, sometimes I've been able to piggyback on someone else's expedition.

Crypto things To date I've:

Dived blue holes in Belize and the Caribbean looking for the GBO
been on a bigfoot investigation
driven around Lake Champlain
hiked through the Central America swamps
Talked to locals about the Swamp apes of Lousiana
Been out on the Okeefenokee and the everglades looking for the Skunk ape.

Most of the trips were limited to a day or two, but it very different when you talk to the locals about what they've seen.

Has anyone else tried to do expeditions or investigations?

hrxll

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You've been on some really impressive trips man. did any of it bring you closer t ofinding the truth about these creatures?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
thats funny, I live in Louisiana and never heard of these swamp apes...

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
You've been on some really impressive trips man. did any of it bring you closer t ofinding the truth about these creatures?

Let's just say I was fortunate to be in a situation where travel was required.

Sadly, no I came no closer to determining the truth of these creatures. I would say that any of them would require more time, money, and effort than I was prepared or able to give.

In many ways I think it's the natives that know the truth, or a closer shade of it. In most of the cases they just don't talk openly about these things.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I've been on hunts. Nothing official like your trips. I've gone on hunts for the manabear (see "The Doorway" thread) with some cousins and uncles, but they've never worked out. The thing's been sighted twice, but never by me. The sources, however, in my mind are unquestionable. I've known them all my life, and about 20 people can't all lie that well.

I can tell you this, however. I will be on another manabear hunt. I can't afford to go on real expeditions. I did grow up in a family of hunters, and learned a thing or 2 about tracking, and my uncles know even more (for reference, I'm 24, not 13, looking up to my uncles as idols). We've followed signs we thought could be this creature, but more times than not, we ended up tracking a bear, not the real thing.

It can be really frustrating, but it can also be a lot of fun. The reason I'm willing to go on another hunt? First, in search of the truth, and second, because the hunts I've been on over the years were a complete BLAST! It's fun being with like minded people who don't condemn you for thinking you see a sign of s bigfoot, like a tuft of hair caught on a thorn, or a HUGE pile of feces. For those of you who haven't gone on a hunt, I recomend it; for those of you who have, you know exactly what I'm talking about

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I've been on hunts. Nothing official like your trips. I've gone on hunts for the manabear (see "The Doorway" thread) with some cousins and uncles, but they've never worked out. The thing's been sighted twice, but never by me. The sources, however, in my mind are unquestionable. I've known them all my life, and about 20 people can't all lie that well.

I can tell you this, however. I will be on another manabear hunt. I can't afford to go on real expeditions. I did grow up in a family of hunters, and learned a thing or 2 about tracking, and my uncles know even more (for reference, I'm 24, not 13, looking up to my uncles as idols). We've followed signs we thought could be this creature, but more times than not, we ended up tracking a bear, not the real thing.

It can be really frustrating, but it can also be a lot of fun. The reason I'm willing to go on another hunt? First, in search of the truth, and second, because the hunts I've been on over the years were a complete BLAST! It's fun being with like minded people who don't condemn you for thinking you see a sign of s bigfoot, like a tuft of hair caught on a thorn, or a HUGE pile of feces. For those of you who haven't gone on a hunt, I recomend it; for those of you who have, you know exactly what I'm talking about

did give the impression that the trips were official? If I did, I'm very sorry. A former job of mine hard me travel a great deal, I managed more often than not to bridge travel onto the weekends that usually gave me a day or two to "entertain" myself. If you do your homework ahead of time you can get close to where things have been sighted.

None of my attempts were very thorough, and I really lacked the capital to "push" the issue. Hence, my comment about the locals knowing but not talking. It is my belief that the locals have a better shot at ever discovering anything because the spend more time on target as it were.

I guess you can call me a crypto-tourist.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
thats funny, I live in Louisiana and never heard of these swamp apes...

Well, in Union and Rapides Parishes they seen "things" and there's the famous Honey Island Swamp monster

NW Louisiana seems to have quite a bit of activity.

Where in LA do you live?

hrxll

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Closest I 've ever got was footprints. Lots of them too. We were camping in the Sierra Nevadas, near Hume Lake at the free campgrounds. Across the street from the campground is a gated off area, we hiked back there and found dozens of prints. We left some food out to see if we could attract more. When we returned the next day, the food was gone, tahanks to deer, but as we were walking back, we heard something following us, breaking large branches, very loud. We hurried back to camp. Its weird, but the same night a bear attacked our camp. Well, our ice chests, a big griz. We left the next day. I doubt if its related, but needless to say, I will never forgett.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I've investigated a few reportedly haunted sites... tried some ghostly recordings in a local cemetary...

I've also been on quite a few snipe hunts in my youth

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Few years ago I discovered night hiking and swamp trekking...It s creepy and scary and I love It. I always believe I will come upon some freak beast of the night. Though ive seen some things that scared the hell out of me, nothing I can attribute to an undiscovered species. My dog did get a mean case a quills from a pissed of porcupine..

top topics

join