It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League One results 26/12/04

page: 1

log in


posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:53 PM
Coca-Cola League One leaders Luton left it late again to secure victory on Boxing Day. Hatters striker Enoch Showunmi scored the only goal of the game with three minutes remaining against Chesterfield at Saltergate.

The Nigerian had scored a last-ditch winner last week while Ahmet Brkovic netted with six minutes left in the match before that. Showunmi struck with a header from six yards to defeat the Spireites and maintain his side's five-point cushion at the top of the table.

Hull kept the pressure on Mike Newell's side with a win at Blackpool. Striker Stuart Elliott scored twice - just after the hour and five minutes before full-time - as Peter Taylor's side cruised to a win at Bloomfield Road.

Tranmere conceded a late goal and could only draw against Barnsley at Prenton Park. Brian Little's side looked set to take the points after Iain Hume had given them a 73rd-minute lead. But Antony Kay struck with seconds remaining to give the Tykes a share of the points.

Adam Boyd scored twice from the penalty spot to give Hartlepool the points against Oldham. The striker powered in his first spot-kick after seven minutes, and placed his second 16 minutes later. Dean Holden pulled one back for the Latics but Pools held on for the win at Victoria Park.

Chris Armstrong scored a last-minute penalty for Wrexham to salvage a point at Bradford. The Bantams had taken a 54th-minute lead through Steven Schumacher after having Dean Windass sent off for foul and abusive language in the first half.

Leon Constantine grabbed a hat-trick as Torquay beat Brentford 3-1 at Griffin Park. Sam Sodje had given the Bees a first-half lead before Constantine took the game to the home side. The 26-year-old journeyman striker struck three times in the second half to ease his side's relegation fears.

Sheffield Wednesday held on to beat Walsall 3-2 at Hillsborough. Kenwyne Jones opened the scoring for the Owls but Marvin Robinson levelled for the visitors. Mark Wright's own goal restored the lead for Paul Sturrock's side, and Steven MacLean added a third from the spot before Paul McShane pulled one back.

Danny Schofield and Pawel Abbott scored early goals for Huddersfield against Port Vale at the Galpharm Stadium. Simon Eldershaw pulled on back and it remained 2-1.

Sammy Igoe and Sam Parkin scored for Swindon in the 2-0 win at Peterborough.

Simon Johnson scored twice for Doncaster as they beat Milton Keynes Dons 3-0, an own goal by Gareth Edds accounting for the other goal.

Bottom side Stockport lost 2-1 to Bristol City at Edgeley Park. Tony Butler put the visitors on their way to victory only for Wayne Feeney to level. Paul Heffernan grabbed the winner early in the second half.

Colchester's clash with Bournemouth was postponed due to a frozen pitch.


new topics

log in