It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Manning Ties record!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
With 6:11 left in the 3rd quarter quarter, Peyton Manning has thrown a TD pass to James Mungro, to tie Dan Marino for the single season record.

With time left in this game, it is expected that Peyton will have the record to himself before the end of the day.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
...and with 1 minute left in regulation, Peyton Manning tossees TD # 49 to Brandon Stokely to tie the game and pass Dan Marino for the record.

Congratulations, Peyton!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Marino who!!!! lol
Long live the king
Peyton is the man and he is starting to look a great leader too

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
manning looked terrific today, he brought his team from behind to tie the game and easily led them down the field for a game winning field goal in overtime, i think we are priviledged to be watching the best quarterback to ever play the game

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Great game.

I'm sure it made it ten times sweeter that the record breaker came on the game-tying drive. That of course led to a victory in OT, and that's what Peyton is all about, winning. He didn't want to stop and celebrate, he wanted to ride the momentum they had going to pull out the win and that's just what they did. Classy.

If only he had a defense.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

If only he had a defense.

Amen, brother, amen

TRD

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Congrats to Peyton, what a achievement.

How many games are left? And how many more can he throw?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Congrats to Peyton, what a achievement.

How many games are left? And how many more can he throw?

1 more week, at Denver, he might not get more than 2-3...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Great job, Peyton. Your record reminds Ming of Jim Kelly's memorable record for SuperBowl appearances.

Get a ring you hick!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Peyton Manning has already broken the NFL's most coveted single-season record. The next one could solidify his claim to the greatest season ever by a quarterback.

With a decent game at Denver, or perhaps just a decent couple of series depending on how much the Indianapolis Colts play their starters Sunday, Manning could shatter Steve Young's league mark for passer rating.

Young finished 1994 with a rating of 112.8. Manning enters the regular-season finale at 121.4.

"I was with Steve in San Francisco when he had a 112.8 and I thought that would be impossible to break," Denver coach Mike Shanahan said. "It tells you what I think."

After winning the co-MVP award last year and signing a seven-year deal worth $98 million, he almost immediately began talking about numbers many people thought were implausible -- a 70 percent completion percentage and single-digit interceptions.

Yet he has delivered in almost every measurable way.

He'll likely finish with the fewest passes (495) of his seven-year career, but Manning already has set career-highs in yards (4,551), touchdowns (49) and is on pace to finish with a career-best 67.7 percent completion percentage. He also has just 10 interceptions, tied for his career low.

www.sportsline.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I would have to argue, though, that the most coveted single season record would be rushing yards.

But, it seems very likely that Peyton will break this record, also.

Now, how far will they make it in the playoffs? I think they have a great chance to make it to the super Bowl, the winter has been unseasonably warm so far, making the cold-weather advantage as Pittsburgh and new England obsolete...

top topics

join