It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what we're doing in Iraq? (mature audiences only)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Flinx...
Thanks for responding for I know that you didn't have to, but I do appreciate that you did.
No sir, I was refering to this: "WHY HASN'T CNN NOT put the video on the internet?"

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Flinx...
Thanks for responding for I know that you didn't have to, but I do appreciate that you did.
No sir, I was refering to this: "WHY HASN'T CNN NOT put the video on the internet?"

No idea. Could be any number of reasons. The haven't gotten to putting it on the web, they don't think it's worth putting on the web, they think it's too violent, or maybe like you said they're hiding something. I'm not going to worry about it.

I found that video archive, but it didn't work. Could be the crappy computer I'm forced to use now or it could be a malfunction on their website.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Again, I appreciate your response.
I, too, also had a bit of difficulty, but did finally gain access. I have yet to find the video, but, I will agree, it is a bit pointless to continue with this.
Have a good one and thanks.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
When you take a life it is murder...the question will be is or will it be justifiable or unjustifiable homicide. In the video tape you see only a certain view...the camera view...what the camera and the person controlling the camera wants you to see. YOU are not there you definetly cannot say YOU know the full story of the chain of events. I have been in that situation before in 97 and trust me things can be percieved in many different ways, even by all the people who were there at the same time. You rely on your training and your teammates. I would gladly do the things I've done for this country most democrates and liberals would find as "appauling" to save the life of one of my teammates all over again no matter what it intitled. If you haven't been in that situation before you'll have no idea what I'm talking about. Now I'm not saying that somethings that are done in combat are acceptable, we all are human and we all make mistakes. Combat is fluid, foggy, confusing, and scary. Ask yourself how well do you think you'll fare when supersonic bullets buzz your head knowing full aware that any one of them has your name on it and could turn your head into pink mist or explode your heart and lungs leaving you alive long enough to know what just happened and that you are going to die in the next few seconds. Crap happens, we all know this and nobody is perfect. GET OVER IT!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
After watching that video I am so embarrassed that one of my fellow Marines did something like this. It gives us all a bad name and is a black eye for our sons and father fighting this battle. On behalf of that Devil Dog I would like to offer my deepest and most sincere apologies.
Now all I need to do is find his sorry ass so I can run him ragged!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The video is pretty shocking, but you can't truely judge it unless you were there for the actual scene, before and after. You don't really know what was going on before that, maybe he was still able to fire his weapon, who knows...from the video it looks like it wasn't necessary at all however, and the part with them cheering is just sick, even if I were forced to kill the most rotten person on earth I wouldn't be happy about it because killing is still killing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join