It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what we're doing in Iraq? (mature audiences only)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Nothing to do with the American way of life? Colonel, you probably would have been against our involvement in WWII! Chamberlain must be your hero, huh?

C'mon now. What does the Iraqi invasion have to do with the American way of life? You tell me. I need to know.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Has it ever ocurred to anybody that the hundreds of rounds of DU bullets that goes into one Warthog is installed by airmen? Ever heard of these guys dropping dead from radiation poisoning? Sure, they are intact and have not become fragmented,

You have just defeated your own argument.:shk:

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by Colonel]

Your lack of knowledge does not defeat any position I hold.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yes, you do need to know.

Hussein had connections, as has been verified by foreign intelligence, to Al Quaeda. Sure, I have my own issues with the first Gulf War and its NWO implications, but still, Hussein hates the U.S. and wants to see our demise, and has said as much many times. By being a supporter of teorrist orgsanizations and a definite reason for doing so, he is a threat.
One does not have to have ICBM capabilities to be able to strike at another country. Are you not aware of tghe fact that we are concerned about "Charlie hand-carriables" bieing detonated in this country? We cannot even control the illegal aliens from entrering this nation by the droves, much less a Charlie Hand-carriable from being delivered toand detonated in your neighborhood in D.C.

Hussein is not the only terrorist threat, and I am sure that we will eventually get to the others, eventually, and after the proper politcal positioning has been accomplished.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
"Not something you would expect to see on CNN"

It does say on the link there are execeptions to the rule.

All this is is showing a darker side of war that everyone knows must excist!

This soldier has been asked his feelings and gave an answer!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You are playing God, aren't you?
When I see the video, unedited, I will agree that the soldiers acted in an inapproprite manner. Still, I will not say that the soldiers haven't a reason for their actions. They did not learn their way in highschool, or even basic training, they learned it from their environment in Iraq, dealing with what they deal with, day in and day out.
You cannot tell me you would handle yourself any different. Sure, you'd like tothink so, but you cannot say you would.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I take my thoughts from thinking this video is not fake - if this video is not true then there is an event not captured on video similar to this that is true!

As I mentioned, in this video the Soldier gives a straight up answer to his feelings, maybe he wants to feel positive about this for his own mentality!

I agree that its probably his surroundings were he has learned to adapt!

(my name is a question and not a statement)

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Any parts of the tape that were dabbled with are unimportant, the footage of the shooting and cheering at the beggining are enough to prove a point. It's clear to see what happens: a defenceless man is shot dead and the soldiers cheer. Its sickening in my opinion. I respect the fact that these soldiers are doing their job I just happen to completely disagree with the job they are doing, and in this case, the way they are carrying out their hired killing. It's all murder and it's all wrong

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Has it ever ocurred to anybody that the hundreds of rounds of DU bullets that goes into one Warthog is installed by airmen? Ever heard of these guys dropping dead from radiation poisoning? Sure, they are intact and have not become fragmented,

You have just defeated your own argument.:shk:

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by Colonel]

Your lack of knowledge does not defeat any position I hold.

DU emits mostly alpha particles and beta paticles. The alpha cannont pass through the skin and the beta cannot pass through the BDUs. So the intact DU in the ammunition does not pose a major threat. When the DU hits a target is fragments into tiny dust like particles. If this is inhaled into the lungs or ingested then the DU can emit particles inside the body. Since the alpha particles cannot pass through the skin they remain inside the body and cause a lot of damage. On top of that. DU is a heavy metal. Having it in the body will lead to heavy metal poisoning similar to lead or mercury poisoning.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As to whether or not the video is real or not, it doesn't matter to me. I know that war is harsh and in order for soldiers to cope they have to dehumanize their enemies and desensitize themselves from killing. I don't look at this and blame the soldiers, they are doing what they have to do to survive. This video just serves as a reminder of the true nature of war. I am sure that all of us know that things like we saw in the video happen in war, we didn't need to see the video to know that.

I just think that arguing as to the authenticity of the video is missing the point and is a useless exercise.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sure, I'm sure it feels great to kill people, when you're full of hate. Unfortunately, anyone will do, for these types of people. Killing is probably much easier for anyone who has legal permission. It's those who enjoy it that I never want to see, much less defend or represent me in any way.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
And the fact is there is not enough DU rounds expended to cause sickness as described. Were it possible, the technicians would certainly be around it enough to absorb it, especially considering they aren't wearing their BDU blouses when they are in rear eschelon humping butt. You know it, I know it, Bob Dole knows it.

DU is just another baseless garble with which to muddle the waters. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
'Koolaide, I think you described what the soldiers are going through better than anyone I've seen try yet.

Ever wonder what they will have to deal with in a few years, when they are back in garrison or out of the military, and their minds start putting the the pieces together?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

'Koolaide, I think you described what the soldiers are going through better than anyone I've seen try yet.

Ever wonder what they will have to deal with in a few years, when they are back in garrison or out of the military, and their minds start putting the the pieces together?

They are gonna have some tough stuff to deal with . A couple of weeks ago my cousin was jogging along the beach and he came across a 21 year old girl who had hung herself from a tree. He is still a little messed up and dwells on it and has bad dreams. That is nothing compared to what the soldiers are going through. They may never fully get over what they see and do in this war. I hope they get adequate counselling when necessary.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
When I was a teen, a running buddy's father was a flame thrower in the Pacific Theater. When I knew the old gentleman, he was as mentally strong as a wet noodle. He just never could get the inhuman screams of searing people out of his mind.
War becomes necessary, but it is quite the Hell as described, and not more than in the minds of the humans that survive it.
War is too imp[ortant to be left up to the politicians. It should be left up to the generals.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Seeker, 2 people have verified that the video was authentic, one a democrat, Flinx, and the other a republican, Dreamstone. Both are aware of the full unedited version which is WORSE than the one I presented. In a court of law, concerning the rules of evidence, my job would be done.

Yet, you still deny.

This is akin to the ostrich sticking his head in the sand to deny the existence of danger.

The video is NOT bogus (no matter how much you whine otherwise) and you will simply have ot accpet the truth and deal with the bloodlust that is your repugnant party.

I just asked "your flunky: Flinx....er, I mean your partner in crme: Flinx, for a link....had he seen it....etc.....
You can read his reply.
Your about as BOGUS as your claims of their being an "uneditted" version....dude...if you had nothing to hide, provide the link to the "uneditted" version!
Til then, your case is lost, your tape is inadmissable, and you claim to be a lawyer?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

I just asked "your flunky: Flinx....er, I mean your partner in crme: Flinx, for a link....had he seen it....etc.....
You can read his reply.
Your about as BOGUS as your claims of their being an "uneditted" version....dude...if you had nothing to hide, provide the link to the "uneditted" version!
Til then, your case is lost, your tape is inadmissable, and you claim to be a lawyer?

seekerof

Why should I waste my time finding unedited footage? It's not going to convince you anyway...you think CNN put the edited footage on the web? DO YOU? For a master of logic, you're quite foolish...

You're acting like I'm some kind of propoganda agent hiding the evidence in some important life or death case. This is just some stupid argument on the internet you moron. Like I said, nothing would convince you, your mind is aready made up. You'll ignore anything that doesn't fit into your worldview. Really, I don't care what you believe....just don't reproduce.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Flinx:
"Why should I waste my time finding unedited footage? It's not going to convince you anyway...you think CNN put the edited footage on the web? DO YOU? For a master of logic, you're quite foolish..."

Actually Flinx, YES! CNN has a huge azz video achive...site actually....not there...I wonder why? Probably because "morons" like me would find out that the video is actually BOGUS.....I mean, gee Flinx, just WHY HASN'T CNN NOT put the video on the internet? They admit to editing it TWICE, serves only to justify that it has probably been edited more than that........

"You're acting like I'm some kind of propoganda agent hiding the evidence in some important life or death case."

If the shoe fits, wear it proudly Flinx.

"This is just some stupid argument on the internet you moron."

And because it is a "stupid arguement on the internet"....you see it justified to continue stereotyping and place names on those who disagree with you...flunky...I mean Flinx.

"Like I said, nothing would convince you, your mind is aready made up. You'll ignore anything that doesn't fit into your worldview. Really, I don't care what you believe....just don't reproduce."

Like I said: BOGUS and WHY is CNN NOT placing the unedited version on the internet....they got something to hide? Obviously. Besides, sounds to me like you are calling the Kettle Black Flinx....you describe yourself and others quite well when you claimed thus on me...............

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
["Like I said: BOGUS and WHY is CNN NOT placing the unedited version on the internet....they got something to hide? Obviously."

Riiight Seekerof. Whatever you say, it's bogus, just edited footage put out there by CNN so they can make our troops look bad. Did you know that Saddam Hussein is actually their Vice President? I read that in Newsmax and Foxnews.com. You know...where you get all your information.

"Besides, sounds to me like you are calling the Kettle Black Flinx....you describe yourself and others quite well when you claimed thus on me....."

Well I guess that proves we're all just the same. Let's join hands, and proceed to sing and dance like a bunch of Whos in Whoville.

I'd love to sit here and go back and forth with you, make up some childish name for you, but I have better things to do.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Flinx...since you do "have better things to do"....before you go...how about address this:

"Flinx:
"Why should I waste my time finding unedited footage? It's not going to convince you anyway...you think CNN put the edited footage on the web? DO YOU? For a master of logic, you're quite foolish..."

Actually Flinx, YES! CNN has a huge azz video achive...site actually....not there...I wonder why? Probably because "morons" like me would find out that the video is actually BOGUS.....I mean, gee Flinx, just WHY HASN'T CNN NOT put the video on the internet? They admit to editing it TWICE, serves only to justify that it has probably been edited more than that........

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Flinx...since you do "have better things to do"....before you go...how about address this:

"Flinx:

regards
seekerof

What, you want me to find it?

It was the people at that website that edited it twice to make it look worse, not CNN.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join