It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what we're doing in Iraq? (mature audiences only)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The video is not BOGUS. It is edited. Like I said, I saw the real thing (the program). They still shot that wounded guy and cheered. As far as I'm concered it's sick, and shows what war can do to people. Find the uncut video if you want...it won't change a damn thing.

These are 18 and 19 year old KIDS. They're out there killing people when they're not old enough to drink legally. All you old people sitting here on your couches cheering on these monsters that send kids into pointless wars....turning them into killers.

By the way Seekerof, I called you an ARROGANT ass not ignorant. There's a big difference.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
*Sigh*

As much as I hate to say it I discussed this video with a friend of mine who is familiar with the tape and works at CNN. It's cut to make the shock less than what it would be normally. The soldiers should be court-martialed, even though he was actively attempting to injure or kill them, their behavior was unacceptable. But its also stupid to use this video as an example of the entire Iraqi war effort. Its like saying all black people are drug addicts, or all southerners are toothless. Its wrong and you know it. The actions of the soldiers were unacceptable, but calling all soldiers murderers because of the actions of a few is ignorance. Pull your heads out of your asses and look at the facts.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
These are 18 and 19 year old KIDS. They're out there killing people when they're not old enough to drink legally. All you old people sitting here on your couches cheering on these monsters that send kids into pointless wars....turning them into killers.

And sooner or later, they're coming BACK to the United States at a theatre near you with the killer instinct and DU poisoning that dibilitates their body and brains.

(and they'll be old enough to drink.......)

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Colonel]

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Flinx:
"By the way Seekerof, I called you an ARROGANT azz not ignorant. There's a big difference."

Whatever....

The video tape is BOGUS....will remain so, "edit" or no "edit"....it was manipulated, etc.....inadmissable....I noticed that you and a few others were thirsty....get enough to drink?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
One of your OWN repugnant guys validates the video but you still can't accept it. Life must be hard in denial, huh?

Originally posted by Dreamstone
*Sigh*

As much as I hate to say it I discussed this video with a friend of mine who is familiar with the tape and works at CNN. It's cut to make the shock less than what it would be normally. The soldiers should be court-martialed, even though he was actively attempting to injure or kill them, their behavior was unacceptable. But its also stupid to use this video as an example of the entire Iraqi war effort. Its like saying all black people are drug addicts, or all southerners are toothless. Its wrong and you know it. The actions of the soldiers were unacceptable, but calling all soldiers murderers because of the actions of a few is ignorance. Pull your heads out of your asses and look at the facts.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Very Colonel.....
B-O-G-U-S-!

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Mixed feelings, indeed.

1) Soldiers are not just 'trained killers'. There are many different reasons for joining a military, and it isn't all for killing. Some, might, sure, but not all.

2) Cheering after killing a human being is disgusting. That is worse than the Lt. Colonel almost being court marshalled for shooting 2 bullets while interrogating a prisoner...Sick..

3) That video is edited by the author of that site, why? Because everyone has an agenda. Even him. He has a 1 sided view, just like everyone while trying to prove a point. I don't think he/she is showing a whole truth here.

My thoughts.

-wD

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Very Colonel.....
B-O-G-U-S-!

Why do you keep saying it's bogus? It's not like it's cgi animation or something. You sound what Dreamstone said, IT HAPPENED. Hell, the raw unedited footage would make those soldiers look even worse than what we saw.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
"Hell, the raw unedited footage would make those soldiers look even worse than what we saw"

Got access to the "unedited footage" there Flinx?
Seen it?
Got a link to it?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   

"Hell, the raw unedited footage would make those soldiers look even worse than what we saw"

Seen it?
Got a link to it?

regards
seekerof

Hey, you're link-man. You find it...

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   

why...

a demoncracker is to lazy to look for it himself...

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
why...

a demoncracker is to lazy to look for it himself...

Can I ask you a question?

Why are you so stupid?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Seen it?
Got a link to it?

regards
seekerof

I thought so Flinx....
"Editted" speaks volumes about the crediability of this video...bet on it.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Seeker, 2 people have verified that the video was authentic, one a democrat, Flinx, and the other a republican, Dreamstone. Both are aware of the full unedited version which is WORSE than the one I presented. In a court of law, concerning the rules of evidence, my job would be done.

Yet, you still deny.

This is akin to the ostrich sticking his head in the sand to deny the existence of danger.

The video is NOT bogus (no matter how much you whine otherwise) and you will simply have ot accpet the truth and deal with the bloodlust that is your repugnant party.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I was at my local comic/sports card shop yesterday and I am real good friends with the owner. I'll call him "The Greek." We started talking politics. And we were both angry at Bush and his Iraqi war thing abd his bomb droppings there. Then, I mentioned the DU poisoning turning Iraq into a toxic waste dump.

Then, The Greek remembered something.

He has a customer that who collects comics and works for the FBI. He speaks Arabic so he was in the Middle East six months before Shock and Awe and during it, looking for safe places for the military to set up camp for the occupation.

Well, he's back now. And lately, he's started to feel sick, losing a bit of hair, growing thinner, stomach pains and aches......and the doctors don't know the cause.

Look at what we do to our own people....

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As I have made abundantly clear, there are no mre "Rebublicans", one must classify hinself as a "Conservative" if he is referring to what the Republican party used to stand for.
A "Republican" working for CNN? That makes me suspicious.
Colonel, you being an Esquire should make you understand that anything admited as evidence that has been altered in any way will be thrown out.
Furthermore, the fact that you have not been put in a position where you are fighting, where you are not dealing with an enemy intent on destroying both you and your stand, way of life, your goal or mission, causes me to not be concerned with your position on this particualr topic.

As far as DU, that pseudo-science has been discredited, and if you had any training on radiation sickness you'd know that your friend is not suffering from it. There are a myriad of afflictions that would cause this, and to bring up DU is nothing more than a political positioning that is despicable.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Colonel, you being an Esquire should make you understand that anything admited as evidence that has been altered in any way will be thrown out.
Furthermore, the fact that you have not been put in a position where you are fighting, where you are not dealing with an enemy intent on destroying both you and your stand, way of life, your goal or mission, causes me to not be concerned with your position on this particualr topic.

As far as DU, that pseudo-science has been discredited, and if you had any training on radiation sickness you'd know that your friend is not suffering from it. There are a myriad of afflictions that would cause this, and to bring up DU is nothing more than a political positioning that is despicable.

I also understand the rules of authentication in evidence (Documentary evidence can be authticated by one who sees it executed or hears it acknowledged---which Flinx and Dreamstone have done) so don't tell me my business.

Furthermore, I wouldn't be in a position to be fighting in Iraq b/c I'm not trying to suffer from DU poisoning. I want kids---not mutants. I don't want premature death.

And people listen to this: "the fact that you have not been put in a position where you are fighting, where you are not dealing with an enemy intent on destroying both you and your stand, way of life,"

WHAT THE HELL DOES AN IRAQI INVASION HAVE TO DO WITH THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE? WHEN WAS IRAQ A THREAT TO THE UNITED STATES? OH, LIKE NEVER!

Look at what he says,"As far as DU, that pseudo-science has been discredited..."

SO, I guess there's no such thing as Gulf War Syndrome? That's all a crazy fantasy made up by Gulf War vets.

Ya know, for someone who cares so much about the military and our troops, you leave a lot to be desired.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Has it ever ocurred to anybody that the hundreds of rounds of DU bullets that goes into one Warthog is installed by airmen? Ever heard of these guys dropping dead from radiation poisoning? Sure, they are intact and have not become fragmented, but if they were that dangerous, being in that close proximity to the ammunition would be detrimental to the airmen's health. I know a little bit about radiation, and I know that this is a bunch of BS
Nevermind the fact that I am balding and need no light lite with which to read in bed!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nothing to do with the American way of life? Colonel, you probably would have been against our involvement in WWII! Chamberlain must be your hero, huh?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Has it ever ocurred to anybody that the hundreds of rounds of DU bullets that goes into one Warthog is installed by airmen? Ever heard of these guys dropping dead from radiation poisoning? Sure, they are intact and have not become fragmented,

You have just defeated your own argument.:shk:

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by Colonel]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join