It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League Two results 11/12/04

page: 1

log in


posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:43 PM
S#horpe emerged victorious in the top-of-the-table Coca-Cola League Two clash against Swansea on Saturday.

The league leaders gave themselves the best possible start but allowed Swansea 89 minutes to try for an equaliser when Steve Torpey scored the game's only goal in the first minute.

The win sees S#horpe extend their lead at the top of the division to seven points, with Yeovil overtaking Swansea to take second place. The Glovers' 2-1 home win over Grimsby, with goals from Lee Johnson and Bartosz Tarachulski either side of half-time, ensured Gary Johnson's side capitalised on Swansea's defeat.

New Oxford manager Ramon Diaz got off to a winning start as his charges beat Cambridge 2-1 at home. Tommy Mooney opened the scoring 19 minutes into the match and 10 minutes later Craig Davies doubled the advantage. Jermaine Easter pulled one back for the visiting side but the midlands team held on for the win.

Rock-bottom Kidderminster ground out a priceless 2-1 win at home to eighth-placed Rochdale. Former Walsall man Dean Keates gave Harriers the lead five minutes in, only for Grant Holt to equalise before half-time. But Ian Foster's penalty with 21 minutes to go ensured the home fans left Aggborough smiling.

An injury-time penalty by Michael Branch gave Chester a last-gasp draw at home to Shrewsbury in a game which featured three dismissals. Shrews defender Darren Moss was first to walk but was quickly followed by the Bluebirds' Kevin Ellison. Kelvin Langmead scored for Shrewsbury but Ian Rush's side managed a draw when Martin O'Connor conceded a penalty, which he received a second yellow card for, and Branch made no mistake.

Martin Smith and Scott McGleish scored for Northampton in their late win over Boston at Sixfields, with three goals scored in 14 second half minutes. Smith broke the deadlock after 72 minutes only for Andy Kirk to level for the visitors two minutes later. However, McGleish popped up four minutes from time to steal victory for Colin Calderwood's side.

A Wayne Gray penalty at Gigg Lane handed Southend a 1-0 win against Bury while another away side, Wycombe, beat hosts Notts County by the same scoreline after Ian Stonebridge's goal before the break.

Elsewhere fourth-placed Macclesfield drew 0-0 at Bristol Rovers while Lincoln and Cheltenham and Mansfield and Rushden also played out goalless draws.


new topics

log in