It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel's Hole

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
anyone here hear about Mel's Hole? Apparently it is some some ancient indian spot which is some sort of bottomless pit. Lots of weird stuff is supposed to go on with the hole. Some guy threw his dead dog in and later it was found in the woods perfectly healthy. Other reports include black beams shooting out of the hole. I think the story was, that some guy had it on his property. He moved or the government covered it or something and now no one can find it.

Heres a forum for the thing:
www.melshole.com...

I know Art Bell did a show with the guy. From what I remember the guy claims he threw everything in the hole and it never filled up.

heres a site which has an update on the search for the hole, some interesting stuff.
www.seattlechatclub.org...

I was just wonering if anyone had anything else any information on this bizarre story. Not so sure if its true but its interesting to think about.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've heard a bit about this too...funny thing though, I ran a search and it looks like you're the first to post at ATS about it

good call...thanks for reminding me about this one.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Maybe it's the hole the native americans said they emerged from, into this dimension.....

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No real info, but I think it is funny running across this...

It is somewhere in a place called the "Manastash Canyon"

Then I found this:
"yesterday coming home from work 5 cop cars were stopping everyone coming out of Manastash Canyon and searching their cars. I was entering the canyon so I was waved on thru. Later my husband came home, cops still there..he asked 'Whats up?" Cop siad they served warrants on 2 'Hispanic males'..arrested one and second one got away and they have the 'dogs up there now on his scent'.....They were served about 7 miles up the canyon ( I am at 6.8).

Just heard on Northwest Cable News ( NWCN.com) that a hunter found 3000 pot plants up here and 1 man was arrested and the other is still on the loose..the men had been hired to take care of the crop and had camped out for 4 months there. So much intrigue, so little time...."

So remember, that is the Man-a-Stash Canyon.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It is an Ojibwa tale: There is a secret tunnel somewhere aroung the Great Lakes area (presumably, on an island). It is not a large tunnel, an adult would have to crawl through it. Anyway, it takes hours/days to travel... at the tunnels end, you emerge on an island with a great crystal-like mountian at its center (where, coincidently, the first people came from, from a different legend).

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here:

www.seattlechatclub.org...

Transcript of the Art Bell show...

Edit: And a Seattle Times article here: www.rense.com...

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There was a similar story that came out of russia, I think. It too was on the Art Bell show. The guy lowered a tape recorder down and you could hear hell, or something. A friend of mine has the show taped, I'll try to get it from him and post it.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have heard of this before, and isnt it true that no one knows the exact location of Mels hole? I remember reading about an expedition of people looking for it.

There is also another allegedly bottomless hole in Ohio, I will dig for info on that. I am pretty sure it is something All Seeing Eye has researched.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The one in Ohio is called "Blue's Hole". Below are some pictures ASE took of the property that it is supposed to be located on. www.projex.demon.co.uk...

There isnt any way to check that one out without tresspassing I suppose...

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yeah with that foreboding chain link fence, no wonder people think it's mysterious. I mean "Private" and "Keep Out", that's almost better than armed guards.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Mels Hole sounds kind of interesting, but why the hell is he keeping it some secret? He seems to want to know things aobut it, just call up the Sci-Fi channel and BOOM instant show. It just seems too weird to have something so amazing that even baffels yourself and not invite scientist to study it.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
apparently the area over Mel's hole used to be missing from www.terraserver.com the picture of it has been posted on www.melshole.com... . Now if one looks you can see the area which was previously missing. Take a look yourself at www.terraserver.com... perhaps they were released because the government has already "decontaminated" the area.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by CaptainMooPoo]

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by CaptainMooPoo]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If any of you have listened to the radio transcripts about the holes. In my oppinion I think it is very interesting. However the stuff he says near the end is a little far fetched. Particularly about the seal. I think it makes a good story but he REALLY is stretching it. Especially when he claims that it "talks" through the radio. So as far as mel's hole goes, it's a a really neat story. However unless someone can provide me with some further proof I am pretty convinced that Mel's story came from Mel's hole if ya know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It is intresting how the photo looks altered. It seems weird that there are now 2 different greyscales on the terra server photo.

terraserver-usa.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Who said Stargates have to be huge rings?

No, seriously, I heard about dimensional gates being created by special fields and natural structures.. maybe we have such one there?

I like the idea about an hollow earth, but it's not really possible, so that could be the next best thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This was a topic explored a long time ago on the Art Bell show. I visited "the hole" area with the Seattle Chat Club a while back. Didn't find anything. You're more than welcome to go visit the area for your self, it's public land right around there. Mel himself was a bit off center and to be honest I think the whole thing was either covered up or didn't really excist to begin with. The very fact that there was NO military presence when we visited the area shows that there isn't anything to be found today. Hmm. Email [email protected] if you want more info or photos. gtg.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hows bout we get someone on Ats to Jump in it with a 2 way walkie talkie and tell us what he finds at the bottom.
Deep

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Hows bout we get someone on Ats to Jump in it with a 2 way walkie talkie and tell us what he finds at the bottom.
Deep

What's scary is that I'm actually tempted...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join