It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Tyson arrested on suspicion of jumping on car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor criminal damage for allegedly jumping on the hood of a car outside of a city nightclub, police said.

Tyson, who moved to Scottsdale early this year, appeared with attorneys at the city's police station Tuesday afternoon and was released after being given a citation.

Scottsdale police detective Sam Bailey said Wednesday that Tyson likely will make an initial court appearance within 10 days.

Police said the arrest stemmed from an investigation into an incident late last month at a lounge.

Tyson allegedly dented the hood of a car when he jumped on it as its driver was leaving the club around 1 a.m. on Nov. 27.

Police said it was unclear if Tyson and the other man fought inside the club before the incident or if they knew each other.

The 22-year-old accuser, whose name was not immediately released, reported the incident to police and claimed a body shop estimated the hood damage at $1,400, Bailey said.

The case was then forwarded to detectives.

Tyson, 38, is beginning to train for a fight in March, his first since being knocked out by Danny Williams in July.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I thought it had been awhile since Tyson was in the news, way overdue.

I see he is still in training to fight again in March.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I guess part of the training is jumping on cars

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
noticed it said its not known if tyson had a fight with the guy inside the club but i cant see it being pyshical fighting. tyson would just about destroy any1 in a fight like that. but jumping onto a car. hes nuts lol. am getting a vision of jurasic park lol

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
the guy says that he never thought he would get to meet mike tyson

Tyson cited after car damaged outside bar

David J. Cieslak and Lynh Bui
The Arizona Republic
Dec. 9, 2004 12:00 AM

Boxer Mike Tyson was cited on suspicion of felony criminal damage after a Scottsdale bar patron accused him of leaping atop his vehicle and pounding his fists against the hood in an outburst outside the club.

Asaf Alikadic, 22, said he was trying to leave the parking lot at Scottsdale's Pussycat Lounge about 12:45 a.m. on Nov. 27 when he stopped to allow a group of people to cross the street in front of his car. A moment later, Alikadic said Tyson was atop the hood of Alikadic's white Toyota Solara, screaming and slamming his fists on the vehicle.

"I've watched him all my life. He was one of my favorite boxers," said Alikadic, a Yugoslavian immigrant and full-time caregiver for his elderly grandmother. "I never even thought I'd come across meeting Mike Tyson, let alone having him on top of my hood."

After Tyson's friends pulled him off the car, Alikadic said he drove away and didn't call police until later in the day when he realized the hood was damaged. A body shop estimated the dents on Alikadic's car would cost $1,400 to repair, he said.

On Tuesday, Scottsdale police asked Tyson, 38, to appear at police headquarters, where they cited him on suspicion of criminal damage and released him, Detective Sam Bailey said. He arrived at the station with his attorney and refused to answer questions, Bailey said.

Attempts to reach Tyson were unsuccessful Wednesday night.

Tyson is scheduled to appear for a hearing in Scottsdale Municipal Court on Dec. 17. If convicted, he could spend up to 5 3/4 years behind bars because of his criminal history.

Tyson's troubles with violence and self-control have led to numerous troubles outside and inside the ring. He served a 3 1/2-year prison sentence for the rape of a beauty pageant contestant.

In a heavyweight title fight, Tyson was disqualified for twice biting Evander Holyfield's ears, taking a chunk out of one.

The former champion made almost $400 million in his career, but filed for bankruptcy last year. Court documents say that he is more than $40 million in debt.

Earlier this year, Tyson pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct stemming from a fight with two men in a Brooklyn hotel lobby in June 2003. He was ordered to perform community service at Brooklyn's legendary Gleason's Gym.

Tyson, who has been living and training in the Valley for a fight scheduled in March, was recently rehabilitating his knee after undergoing surgery for an injury sufferedduring his July 30 loss to Danny Williams.

Alikadic said he doesn't want to see Tyson spend any time behind bars for the incident.

He said he simply wants Tyson to pay for the repair and apologize.

"He should not have done what he did, but I just want my hood to be fixed," Alikadic said. "I paid for that car and I worked hard for it."

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Complaint against Tyson over car damage dropped

December 12, 2004
PHOENIX (AP) -- A complaint against former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson for damaging a car was dropped after the vehicle's owner was reimbursed.

Tyson was cited Tuesday on suspicion of criminal damage for allegedly jumping on the hood of Asaf Alikadich's vehicle outside a nightclub in suburban Scottsdale on Nov. 27.

Alikadich told police he had stopped his car to let Tyson cross the street when the boxer started screaming and yelling and then jumped on the hood of the car on his hands and knees and began to pound on it.

Alikadich said he contacted police the following day and an auto body shop estimated the damage to his car at $1,400.

``I've been compensated for my damages and those were my only intentions,'' Alikadich said Saturday, adding that officials with the nightclub reimbursed him for the damages.

Scottsdale police said that without a complaint, it will be difficult to move forward with the case but it'll be up to the city prosecutor's office to decide that.

Tyson's attorneys said they are conducting their own investigation and have declined further comment on the case.

The 38-year-old Tyson is beginning to train for a fight in March, his first since being knocked out by Danny Williams in July.

top topics

join