It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier results 04/12/04

page: 1

log in


posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:57 PM
Two-goal hero John Hartson came to the rescue of stuttering Celtic with a late winner at Parkhead which have them a vital 2-1 victory over Hibernian and hauled them back to the top of the Bank of Scotland Premier League.

Gary Caldwell looked to have given an impressive Hibernian a deserved share of the points after cancelling out the Welshman's first-half effort. But, with the visitors pressing for the winner, Hartson pounced in emphatic style seven minutes from time to enhance his position in his on-going contract discussions. The win moved Celtic two points clear of Rangers - though the Gers can reclaim top spot if they beat Inverness on Sunday.

Third-placed Aberdeen showed bags of character and determination to come back from behind twice against Kilmarnock and snatch a 3-2 victory. The three points they claimed helped them equal last season's entire points total after only 17 matches in the SPL. Fernando Pasquinelli struck twice in the first half to cancel out Danny Invincibile and Peter Leven's stunning free-kick. Killie, who had Colin Nish red-carded, faded from the game in the second half and finally fell behind to Chris Clark's winner.

Goals from Dennis Wyness, Ramon Pereira and a Paul Hartley penalty sealed a comfortable 3-0 win for Hearts over Dunfermline at Tynecastle. The Pars headed into the game hoping to end a 15-year-old hoodoo but were handed a thrashing instead.

James McPake's first goal for Livingston gave them a 1-0 win over Dundee to provide Richard Gough with the best possible start as Lions boss and moved the Almondvale club off the bottom of the table. The youngster ran onto a Jim Hamilton flick in the 24th minute and placed the ball coolly past Dark Blues keeper Derek Soutar. The visitors' best chance came in the second minute when Bobby Mann's close-range effort was smothered by Roddy McKenzie.

A nightmare 17th-minute mistake by Dundee United goalkeeper Paul Jarvie handed Motherwell a 1-0 win and consigned the Taysiders to the bottom in place of Livi. Fir Park midfielder Jim Paterson's 25-yard snap-shot was caught by Jarvie on his goalline, but the keeper allowed the ball to slip out of his grasp and over the line. It was a blow to the home side and, although they went on to dominate the rest of the match, they could not find a way past a resolute Well defence.


new topics

log in