It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to be among the 1st civilians to colonize another planet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Supposing it was possible but there are restrictions that are naturally imposed.

You need to stay indoors for the most part because the atmosphere is not habitable so you need to wear a spacesuit to go out. But indoors, there is a manmade natural landscape for your enjoyment. Visitation back & forth to earth is rare given the logistics & cost.

So what do you think? Are you interested enough to be among the 1st inhabitants of another planet?

At the moment, I think I'll pass.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
jump through a ring of fire to do this! I wouldn't even hesitate. I've always loved new experiences, locations, etcetera... and although it is a little different than going from country to country (Navy), it would still be an event to remember!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't think twice about it. I'd be honored to be asked to be the first to colonize a new planet. I'd go in a heartbeat.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This reminds me of a Sci-fi short story I read once. It was about a guy who woke up from a state of suspended animation hundreds of years in the future. The world was an overpopulated mess. TPTB came to him and asked if he could come up with a solution.

He basically devised an advertising campaign to convince people to emigrate to another planet, where �there was room and life was great.� The only thing is, as it turned out, there was no other planet. The rockets were simply blasted off and set adrift in space. In the end, he was also put on one of the rockets.

It really wasn�t a very good story, but I can guess that it might have some appeal to a certain type of mindset.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Of course I'd be willing. Anything to leave this crazy planet.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just think of all that sex....LOL

I'm just kidding.

This is a good question. I don't think that I'd personally do it, but It does sound like quite the opportunity. I guess I'm just not all that into the whole 'colonization of a new planet' thing...heh.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
First time agoraphobia would pay off.

I'd feel safe in space. Especially from the government!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would do it! But RANT, I wouldn't feel safe from the government in space..remember..

In space, no one can hear you scream

-wD

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nope, not me. I was born on earth,will live my life here,and will be buried here.
Now if I could come and go,I would do it.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to be the first, but I'd be happy to go after others test it out for a few years at least.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yes please

How many ATS points I need to get window seat?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would go in a second even if it ment never coming back. Just tyhing being the FIRST person to see a new life form or just a new ANYTHING. I would go even if there was no planet, just a ship looking for one

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Are you interested enough to be among the 1st inhabitants of another planet?

Absolutely not. Humans have done enough damage to this one. Let's stay planted here, folks.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My concern would be claustrophobia. That's why I wouldn't go.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Afraid I'd have to stay here. Where I live, my house looks out onto a beautiful large hill that dominates the landscape. I go there all the time with my dogs and it makes me truly happy and at peace. It lets me forget all the crap that's going on in the world and gives me a sense of happiness. I don't think I could get that anywhere else, on this planet or beyond

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
funlovincriminal

Nice. If only I had a "peace spot" like that where I could regain some sense of happyness (even if fake)

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I would want to stay here and sort out the problems on this planet before i would want people to travel in space.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
funlovincriminal

Nice. If only I had a "peace spot" like that where I could regain some sense of happyness (even if fake)

look hard enough, my friend and you will also find a "peace spot" ( i like that description - peace spot
)

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
of course I would go, even though their are high risks of a failure and evryone dying

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Fitzpatrick

What if...we're doomed? Hehehehe. I know people won't like that, everybody's gonna say "Come on, don't be pessimist, there's always a solutions, etc etc..."

What if we really #ed it this time? Doesn't the idea of having a chance to start everything over, in a different way, while REMEMBERING and CONSIDERING our previous errors, looks appealing to you,people?

Are you sleeping?

Space exploration is a must.

Questor

Well, their cryo-sleeping-coffin would probably eliminate that sensation of "claustrophobia", now wouldn't they?
Hehehehe...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join