It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League One results 27/11/04

page: 1

log in


posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:10 PM
Luton remained top of Coca-Cola League One despite being held to a 1-1 home draw by Doncaster on Saturday. Kevin Nicholls opened the scoring for Luton after an hour but Neil Roberts levelled for Rovers with eight minutes remaining at Kenilworth Road.

Mike Newell's side are now just four points clear at the summit after Tranmere's 2-0 win against Milton Keynes Dons at Prenton Park. Paul Hall scored the first for Brian Little's side after 53 minutes and Rovers were rarely troubled after. Theodore Whitmore came off the bench to secure the win with six minutes left in the match.

Hull also recorded a straightforward victory - 2-0 against Brentford at the KC Stadium. Stuart Elliott struck in each half as Peter Taylor's side maintained the pressure on the teams at the top.

Bradford's promotion bid was hit by a two-goal second-half salvo from Oldham. Neil Kilkenny gave the Latics the lead after 12 minutes and Dean Windass levelled for the Bantams. Chris Killen restored the lead and Kilkenny added a third late on to make it 3-1 at Valley Parade.

Andrew Appleby scored a dramatic late winner to take the points for Hartlepool in a thrilling finish against Bournemouth. Chris Westwood had given Pools the lead but the Cherries looked set to take the points with goals from Derek Holmes and Brian Stock. Michael Nelson's 88th-minute strike looked to have saved a point for the home side - but Appleby's winner ensured they took all three.

Bristol City lost 4-1 to Sheffield Wednesday - with the crucial goals coming after Daniel Coles was sent off. Wednesday were one goal up through Adam Proudlock when Coles was dismissed for serious foul play after 51 minutes. Although Scott Murray equalised, Chris Brunt fired Wednesday ahead again. A second goal from Proudlock and another from Patrick Collins ensured a win.

Wayne Allison scored the only goal of the game for Chesterfield against his former club Swindon. Nicknamed 'The Chief', the fans' favourite scored his winner after 63 minutes at the Recreation Ground.

Former Tottenham striker Chris Armstrong scored a penalty as Wrexham beat Huddersfield at the Galpharm Stadium. Andy Holt had given the visitors the lead but Danny Schofield levelled just before half-time. Armstrong scored the winner after 50 minutes and his side had to hold on for the last six minutes after Hector Sam was sent off for violent conduct.

Peterborough romped to a 4-0 win against Port Vale at London Road. Wayne Purser, David Farrell and Andre Boucaud scored before Curtis Woodhouse added a late penalty.

Managerless Stockport stayed bottom after 1-0 defeat to Walsall at Edgeley Park. Darren Wrack snatching a 14th minute winner to pile on the misery for the Hatters.

Four goals were scored within 12 minutes at Plainmoor as Colchester beat Torquay. Craig Fagan scored twice before Martin Gritton's penalty gave the home side a chance. But Richard Garcia scored with 12 minutes left and it stayed 3-1.

Barnsley eased the pressure on their under-fire boss Paul Hart with a 1-0 victory over fellow strugglers Blackpool at Oakwell. Barnsley's winner came shortly before the end when Jacob Burns picked up a loose ball and rifled in a shot from 25 yards for his first goal of the season.


new topics

log in