It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Moss makes progress, won't be limited by number of plays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss may be approaching his All-Pro form a little sooner than expected.

Earlier this week, Vikings coach Mike Tice said Moss, who has missed three straight games with a partially torn right hamstring, would be held to 25 plays in Sunday's game against the Jaguars. But Moss' progress in practice this week prompted Tice to retract that statement Friday, saying Moss won't be limited by any artificial play count.

"The only thing that's holding him back is endurance in his legs -- and not necessarily (from) the injury," Tice said. "He feels like he has training camp legs now; he hasn't done anything in five weeks.

"He worked extremely hard Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Now, he's going to stretch and get himself feeling as good as he can feel by Sunday."
Instead of standing next to coach Mike Tice on the sideline, Randy Moss will be on the field Sunday. (AP)
Instead of standing next to coach Mike Tice on the sideline, Randy Moss will be on the field Sunday.(AP)
Moss participated in a walkthrough Friday, but did not practice. That's his usual Friday routine, even when he's healthy. He remained questionable on the injury report.

Trainers carefully monitored Moss' status throughout the week, while offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and receivers coach Charlie Baggett devised a game plan they believe will make Moss a threat on Sunday.

"Scott and Charlie have done a really good job of identifying what kind of plays we want him on the field for," Tice said. "I don't anticipate him being limited by any number of plays."

Despite not catching a pass since suffering the injury Oct. 17 at New Orleans, Moss still leads the Vikings -- and is tied for third in the NFC -- with eight touchdown catches. However, he is on pace for career lows in receptions (26 in seven games) and yards (394).

source

CBS

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just Moss' presence on the field should re-open things for the Vikings offense. Daunte's numbers really took a hit with Moss out, I think they compliment each other very well.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They definately do. For as great of a season that Mannning is having, Duante was kicking his butt before Moss got hurt...but still good enough to help me lead my cousin's league.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'd bet Randy Moss finds the end zone this week.

new topics

top topics

join