It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: NHLPA sending players $10,000 for November

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
TORONTO -- The NHL players' association will begin issuing lockout pay to more than 730 players.

Payments will start this month, and players will get $10,000 each for November and another $10,000 for December, with subsequent monthly payments varying between $5,000 or $10,000, The Canadian Press reported.

"As a result of the ongoing owners' lockout, the NHLPA executive committee has announced a player stipend plan which consists of an initial 24-month schedule and monthly payments for over 730 locked-out players," Ted Saskin, NHLPA senior director, said in a statement released to The Canadian Press. "Each locked-out NHLPA member receives the same monthly payments."

Players usually get paid during the regular season. They have missed three paychecks since the lockout began in early September.

The league and the union haven't held bargaining talks since Sept. 9 in Toronto. The lockout is 70 days old, and 282 games have been missed.

More than 200 NHL players have joined European teams during the lockout.

Talk about rough times. I wonder if Latrell Sprewell could afford to feed his family on $10,000 a month?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I could only wish to show up Monday morning for work to find the doors locked and a note saying "Sorry, your locked-out but we'll send you 10 grand a month."

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I could only wish to show up Monday morning for work to find the doors locked and a note saying "Sorry, your locked-out but we'll send you 10 grand a month."

I guess we picked the wrong profession...

new topics

join