It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: MLB Rumors 24/11/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mets could sign Martinez
Boston Herald

The Herald's Michael Silverman reports that the Mets are interested in signing Pedro Martinez. The Mets may have to battle the Red Sox and Yankees for Martinez's services.

Yankees may include Vazquez in Unit deal
Newark Star-Ledger

The Star-Ledger's Dan Graziano reports that the Yankees have talked to the Diamondbacks about swapping Javier Vazquez for Randy Johnson.

Boomer may join Phillies
Philadelphia Inquirer

The Inquirer's Todd Zolecki reports that the Phillies have upped their offer to Padres starter David Wells. The Phillies could also sign Eric Milton, Carl Pavano, Brad Radke, Al Leiter or Derek Lowe.

Pavano could team up with Martinez
New York Times

Shapiro said he believed the Red Sox could sign Pavano and Pedro Martinez to support Schilling at the front of the rotation.

Leit dims in Flushing
New York Daily News

It appears Al Leiter is through pitching in Flushing, with the Bronx the veteran southpaw's most likely destination.

Phils increase offer to free agent pitcher Wells
Philadelphia Inquirer

The Phillies yesterday increased their contract proposal to free-agent lefthander David Wells from what was believed to originally be $5 million for one season, according to a baseball source.

Cabrera on the Sox' short list?
Boston Globe

The day after Orlando Cabrera beat his world champion teammates to meeting President Bush, Cabrera's agent said the Red Sox had yet to express any interest in re-signing the shortstop.

Clement may stay in Chicago
Chicago Tribune

The White Sox might have a shot at free-agent pitcher Matt Clement. 'My wife and I love Chicago, and we want to be here,' Clement said.

With Miller gone, is Kendall for A's?
San Francisco Chronicle

Damian Miller, the catcher the A's had no wish to keep if it meant a multi-year deal, will get the three-year contract he sought, and he won't even have to leave his home state. The Wisconsin native will sign with the Brewers today. Could his replacement be Jason Kendall?

Rumor sources

FoxSports

ProSports Daily

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I cant say that I'm all that excited about the Phillies pursuit of David Wells. He's what, 41 years old now and looks more like a pitcher in a men's softball beer league than a pro athlete. Then again he said he was wasted when he threw that perfect game for the Yankees.

new topics

join