It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: McCartney chosen to headline Super Bowl halftime show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Paul McCartney will headline the Super Bowl halftime show on Feb. 6 as the NFL goes mainstream after the controversy over last February's show.

"There's nothing bigger then being asked to perform at the Super Bowl," McCartney said. "We're looking forward to rocking the millions at home and in the stadium."

Last Feb. 1 at Houston's Reliant Stadium, singer Justin Timberlake ripped off part of singer Janet Jackson's outfit, exposing her right breast to a TV audience of some 90 million people.

CBS is protesting an FCC fine of $550,000 for the halftime show.

Clearly, the league has chosen to avoid such potential problems by signing the former Beatle. It will be McCartney's second Super Bowl appearance. He also sang in the pregame show in New Orleans in 2002.

"We are extremely pleased to work again with Paul McCartney, one of the greatest musicians of our time, to create a memorable show," said Steve Bornstein, the NFL's executive vice president of media. "As one of the worlds most beloved artists and incomparable live entertainers, Paul McCartney will deliver an inspirational performance."

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Listen. I've got nothing against Paul McCartney but isn't the pendulum being swung a little bit too far? I thought the Janet Jackson/Justin Timerlake show was pretty lame - wardrobe malfunction or not. But how old is McCartney anyway? Isn't he in his 60's? Yeah, I guess he'll really "rock". Even John Lennon questioned his rock n roll credentials. Puhlease! Can't the NFL find some compromise candidate who isn't an old guy milque toast type? For my money the best Superbowl half time was a few years back with U2 when the Pats beat the Rams. In fact, I think that is the only Superbowl half time show I ever watched in its entirety. Am I all alone on this???

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I don't even watch the "official" halftime shows.

For me, the best was the SNL halftime show when the Bucs played the Raiders. They had a special edition of Weekend Update, with Chris Kataan as Gollum giving his take on the game "WE HATES THE RAIDERS'S"

The best show, for my money...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
who would you rather NOT see have a wardrobe malfunction at halftime of the super bowl...paul mccartney or mick jager?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
who would you rather NOT see have a wardrobe malfunction at halftime of the super bowl...paul mccartney or mick jager?

Please, spare me these thoughts!!!

I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight!

new topics

top topics

join