It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: League sets first-week attendance record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
NEW YORK -- A record 17 home-opener sellouts brought NBA attendance to 95 percent capacity for the first week of the season.

The league said Thursday that the record eclipsed the previous home opener sellout mark of 15 established during the 1997-98 season.

During the first 10 days of the season, there were eight overtime games, which also tied a record for that span, set in 1985-86.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have to think that with the NHL locked-out that the NBA will be even more popular than it already is.

Ben

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
other sports will become more popular due to the lockout

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
maybe, but your typical NHL fan isn't usually a big NBA fan, so I don't see it having that much of an impact.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
maybe, but your typical NHL fan isn't usually a big NBA fan, so I don't see it having that much of an impact.

But your typical NHL fan doesn't have much else to choose from other than the NBA for sports during the week. I consider myself a HUGE hockey fan since before I can remember and a moderate NBA fan. Well since the lockout I havent missed a Sixers game and have watched alot of other NBA games on ESPN when I definitely would have been watching hockey if it was around. I know I'm just one person but I have to think that other people are the same way. There's no way in hell I'm watching reality shows.

:angry-smiley-034:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I guess I'm speaking about my friends who are big NHL fans, most of them hate basketball, so i don't think they'll be helping the ratings of NBA telecasts.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
yeah i gotta agree with pa. i love hockey so much more than basketball, but now instead of listening to the oilers, i listen to the clippers, and i play fantasy basketball and follow the nba like crazy. i've watched all sorts of games i wouldn't normally watch, and i actually know what's going on. i think a lot of nhl fans right now are just reaching for anything to grab onto. unfortunately, it's the nba.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kooshdoctor
unfortunately, it's the nba.

lol, I'm basically the opposite, I love the NBA, but barely followed the NHL, so the lockout is not that big of a deal for me. I'll miss the playoffs, though.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
maybe i'll actually start liking the nba or something crazy like that. and NOTHING compares to the nhl playoffs.!!! nothing!

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kooshdoctor
NOTHING compares to the nhl playoffs.!!! nothing!

I couldn't agree more.

I've always liked and followed the NBA, I'm just a bigger hockey fan. Go Sixahs!

:loudhorn: ~ SETTLE THE LOCKOUT!!!

[Edited on 11-14-2004 by ProudAmerican]

new topics

join