It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Giants lose Strahan for the year

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Giants defensive end Michael Strahan is done for the year and will be joined on the inactive list for the remainder of the season by the team's other starting defensive end Keith Washington.

Strahan told FOXSports.com that his worst fears were confirmed when an MRI showed a tear of his pectoral muscle.

"I'm getting surgery on Wednesday," said Strahan after meeting with the team doctor to review his MRI. "I guess my season is over. It's not partial like we had hoped."

Strahan, the NFL's all-time single-season sacks leader, was hurt Sunday in the third quarter of a 28-21 loss to the Chicago Bears. The 12-year veteran reached out with his arm to attempt a tackle on Anthony Thomas and his arm was bent back as the running back cut inside.

In addition, FOXSports.com has also learned that Washington tore his ACL and will be out for the year as well. Losing one starting defensive end in a game is tough but to lose both starters including one All-Pro is nothing short of a nightmare for defensive coordinator Tim Lewis.

Strahan's absence will mark the first time he has missed a game since 1995 — an incredible streak for anybody, much less a defensive lineman. Washington has 17 tackles this season but has been extremely dependable flanking the other side of the line from Strahan.

Osi Umenyiora and Lance Legree finished Sunday's game at defensive end.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is gonna weaken them a bit...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Out of all the players in the NFL today, there is none more than I respect than Strayhan. He is one of the coolest players out there. I was so upset when I herd on ESPN that he was out!

Ben

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
in this morning's paper strahan had said that he is going to be back by the end of the season

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
He did his best Terminator impression and uttered "I'll be back"

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Did he really? That's halarious.

top topics

join