It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Shanahan spurns Gators

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Denver coach Mike Shanahan said Monday he has not been contacted about the job opening at the University of Florida and has no intention of leaving the Broncos.

"I have four years left on my contract here and when I signed that contract, I told them I was committed to staying here for the whole thing," said Shanahan, who is in his 10th year as Denver's coach. "My name is not on Florida's list."

Shanahan spoke with Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley when Steve Spurrier resigned in January 2002, and could have had the Gators job if he'd wanted it. The Gators hired Ron Zook, but he was fired last month, effective at the end of the season.

Spurrier was considered a top candidate to replace Zook, but when he took himself out of the running last week, there was speculation Foley might ask Shanahan again. Shanahan and Foley are friends, dating back to when Shanahan was offensive coordinator for the Gators in the early 1980s.

The Broncos improved to 6-3 on Sunday with a 31-13 win over the Houston Texans. Shanahan is 105-68 in regular-season games, including his year-plus stint with the Raiders.

Associated Press

Ben

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i dont think a sucessful coach like shanahan would leave to goto the college ranks

new topics

join