It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the Alien planet look like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frostmourne
Chmm.. we heard about the possibility of genetic memories.. what, if cells can actually do more than just *hold* the information?

Cells interacting with each other, each holding informations, could be *technically* be thinking.

Btw: A voice has vibrations.
The plant could have started to react to the distinctive vibrations each voice has.

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by Frostmourne]

Frostmourne ... Interesting thought ... and very plausable

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frostmourne
Btw: A voice has vibrations.
The plant could have started to react to the distinctive vibrations each voice has.

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by Frostmourne]

There have actually been studies where this has been shown. The one I read about had a fairly roboust plant (I think it was a tomato) being grown alone in a room. It had two caretakers, both of whom would talk to it when they went in. One of the caretakers would be kindly, give it water, prune it, feed it, move it into the sun, etc. The other, while talking to it, would move it into a closet, cut branches, pull it out of the dirt, and do just about everything you can to a tomato plant without killing it. After some time, the plant would, when the video was closely analyzed, seem to move towards the voice of the person who was kindly and shy away (very minutely, but plants can move) from the bad person.

There's more to a plant than we currently give credit, donchaknow! Plants are people, too, so eat a blended puppy! Save a tree!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
I think it would probably look rather alien.

Can I nominate this as Quote of the Month?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality

Originally posted by Sapphire
I think it would probably look rather alien.

Can I nominate this as Quote of the Month?

Only problem with that is that it would be the month of December, 2003

But I agree, I laughed when I read that, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join