It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Voters Approve $650 Million Cowboys Stadium

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The Dallas Cowboys scored a victory at the polls Tuesday in Arlington - to the tune of $325 million.

Arlington voters approved tax increases to help pay for about half of a proposed 75,000-seat, retractable-roof stadium that will be among the league's largest.

Pro-stadium campaign guru Rob Allyn called the victory "a historic moment for America's team and for the economy of the region."

Opponent Warren Norred said the vote was a victory for taking money from the people and giving it to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

But Norred said "Life goes on."

The Cowboys for more than 30 years have played at Texas Stadium in Irving.

Associated Press

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think it would be nice for the Cowboys to have a huge new stadium with a retractable roof. At the same time there is alot of tradition and history at Texas Stadium and would be sad to see it go. I got down to Big D a few years ago and caught a Cowboys-Jets game and it's a beautiful stadium. You know those people down there love their Cowboys when they vote to raise taxes for a new football stadium.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, at least half of them do, anyway...

I'd put them in a shoebox with a retractable lid, but, hey, I'm not exactly the biggest Dallas fan out there.

new topics

join