It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: GOLF: Transsexual qualifies for Ladies European Tour

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Mianne Bagger on Wednesday became the first transsexual golfer to qualify for the Ladies European Tour.

The 37-year-old Dane shot a 5-over-par 77 to finish tied for ninth after four rounds in qualifying school at the Riva dei Tessali golf club.

"It's been a long week and tough for many reasons, but I'm naturally delighted to be able to finally fulfil my childhood ambition," Bagger said. "I sold up everything that I owned in Australia to fund this year and I have nothing but friends and family, but now I feel rich."

Bagger made history at the women's Australian Open last March, becoming the first transsexual to play in a pro golf tournament.

The Ladies European Tour changed its rules earlier this year to eliminate the "female at birth" in its membership policy. The rule change put the golf tour in line with the International Olympic Committee regulations on transgender athletes.

Mirian Nagl of Germany topped the qualifying school, finishing at 3-under 285 after a round of 1-under 71 on Wednesday.

Associated Press

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Will Bagger be able to play in the mens tournaments aswell?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is wrong

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I guess Ru Paul should get into golfing as well...

new topics

top topics

join