It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Broncos lose S Lynch for 2-4 weeks with broken tailbone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
DENVER -- Broncos safety John Lynch will be sidelined at least two weeks and perhaps for a month with a fractured tailbone.

Signed as a free agent after Tampa Bay let him go, Lynch has been a steadying influence on the Denver defense. But the Broncos struggled in a 41-28 loss to Atlanta on Sunday and Lynch went down after being hit in the side by receiver Brian Finneran.

Angry about the hit, Lynch walked toward the Atlanta huddle and started yelling at the Falcons before leaving the game.

He wasn't available after the game, but several Broncos said Lynch felt Finneran's block was a cheap shot.

Denver coach Mike Shanahan said the block appeared legal, "but it was one of those blindside shots that kind of catches you off-guard."

Nick Ferguson will start for Lynch next Sunday against Houston and then the Broncos have a bye.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Lynch went down after being hit in the side by receiver Brian Finneran.

When I saw the thread title I thought it must have happened when Lynch got absolutely run over by TJ Duckett but I see it was a hit from Finneran. Did anyone see the play where Duckett steamrolled Lynch? It was mean. If anyone watches the ESPN Monday Night Football pre-game show, that hit was #3 when they do "Jacked Up". The #2 hit was Roy Williams hitting Tai Streets like a missle, I couldnt believe Tai got up.

How would you like to tackle TJ Duckett?

join