It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: Vogts quits as Scotland boss

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Berti Vogts has admitted that he had little option but to quit as Scotland coach, blaming what he called "disgraceful abuse".

The Scottish Football Association confirmed on Monday night that the German's resignation had been accepted by Scottish Football Association chiefs John McBeth and David Taylor. A decision was expected to be made after a board meeting on Thursday but Vogts felt that he could not go on any longer.

In a statement he said:

"I must say that the major factor in this decision has been the disgraceful abuse that I have suffered, especially of late.

"It has degenerated into a physical nature, especially on recent occasions where I have been spat upon.

"This is not acceptable behaviour in a civilised society and I know that the vast majority of Scots will join me in my disgust at this act by a very tiny minority.

"The abuse is something that people in public life must get used to, but now it is having a serious effect upon my home life.

"I cannot sit by, as no-one would, to be involved in the abuse that I have to endure.

"And it is this that has made this very hard decision inevitable."

Sportinglife

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
yer, like him getting spat on etc is very wrong, its one thing saying he is doing crap, not getting the results but thats phyiscal abuse

wonder if there was some kind of agreement made so he could get a pay off. he was due 500k if he got sacked, am thinking he must have got something

TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah doesn't matter how bad you are doing, no one deserves to be spat on.

Well maybe most of the Arsenal team...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
he is supposed to be going back to manager borussia mghalbech or something, not dortmund

haha.. arsenal prefer food fights

top topics

join