It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Dolphins file suit agaisnt Williams

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Dolphins have filed a lawsuit in federal court against running back Ricky Williams, who an arbitrator ruled owes the team more than $8.6 million for breaching his contract.

Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene would not say Saturday if the lawsuit was related to the arbitrator's ruling last month.

"It's in the judicial system and we cannot comment further," Greene said.

The suit was filed Friday, and was not entered into the court's online registry by Saturday. A message left Saturday for Williams' attorney, David Cornwell, was not immediately returned.

Williams left the Dolphins shortly before training camp because he disagreed with the NFL over a disputed drug test. He is seeking to return to the league.

The Miami Herald has quoted Williams as saying he has failed three drug tests - in May 2002, last December, and sometime last spring.

Williams rushed for 3,225 yards in two seasons with the Dolphins, including a league-best 1,853 yards in 2002.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
they should include money in there for the fans who shelled out big bucks for season tickets before rickey walked, he should never be allowed to play again

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If he's gonna come back anyway, why bother doing this?

Ben

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
well techincally didnt he break his contract, so the dolphins are in every right to hold him for that money

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm just saying that he'd be more likely to come back to help them (most liely by getting traded) if they don't take him to court for this.

Ben

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
even if he does come back, there has to be something in his contract somewhere saying he cant just get up and leave.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wouldnt want a quitter back on my team.

new topics

top topics

join