It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Bank of Scotland Premier results 30/10/04

page: 1

log in


posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:23 AM
Super sub Craig Beattie came to the rescue to give Celtic a 3-2 win against Motherwell at Fir Park after the Bhoys' suicidal defence had thrown away a comfortable two-goal lead.

After a dismal first-half the game came to life with goals from Aiden McGeady and Alan Thompson which looked to have wrapped up the points for the champions. But, after conceding eight goals in their previous three games, Celtic once again pressed the self-destruct button as Martyn Corrigan and Richie Foran hauled Well level only for Beattie to clinch victory for the Hoops.

Goals by Kevin McKenna, Paul Hartley and substitute Dennis Wyness gave managerless Hearts a comfortable 3-0 victory against 10-man Dundee at Tynecastle. The Gorgie club had been rocked 24 hours before the game with the news that head coach Craig Levein had left for Leicester but the Tynecastle players showed few after-effects with an easy three points. The big Canadian's angled strike from 16 yards to open the scoring in 33 minutes followed a spell of pressure which saw Dundee defender Jonay Hernandez red-carded for conceding a spot-kick with a `last man' foul on McKenna, which Gorgie captain Steven Pressley crashed off the bar. The Edinburgh side controlled most of the game and then wrapped up the points late in the second half with a Paul Hartley strike before Wyness, on earlier for Ramon Pereira, grabbed the third with the last kick of the game.

A Colin Nish double helped secure a 3-1 win for Kilmarnock against Hibernian in a game that was all but over before half-time. The big striker grabbed the only goal of the game against Motherwell on Wednesday and he was on form again at Rugby Park. Nish grabbed a goal on either side of a Craig Dargo strike and, although Dean Shiels pulled a goal back for Hibs it proved to be nothing more than a consolation strike.

Darren Young scored an injury-time winner to hand Dunfermline three crucial points and keep Dundee United at the bottom of the table. Mark Wilson had put the home side ahead from the penalty spot in the seventh minute after Jim McIntyre had been felled by Pars' keeper Derek Stillie. But defender Andy Tod, playing up front, equalised a minute later when he nodded in Richie Byrne's magnificent left-wing cross from six yards out before Young's late stunner secured a 2-1 win.

Graham Bayne and Barry Wilson scored the goals to secure a second win for Inverness in four days as the Highland team moved away from the foot of the table with a 2-0 win over Livingston. Bayne opened the scoring in the 39th minute before Wilson sealed the points with three minutes remaining. Caley manager John Robertson left the Pittodrie pitch to appeals from supporters for him to remain at the club despite speculation linking him with the vacant Hearts role.


[Edited on 30/10/04 by TRD]


log in