It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Clippers to play at Staples for 10 more seasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
LOS ANGELES -- The Clippers will play their home games at Staples Center for at least 10 more seasons.

The team announced Thursday it has agreed to terms of a 10-year lease with the Anschutz Entertainment Group, owners and operators of the arena. The original lease had been scheduled to expire at the end of the upcoming season.

"We are very pleased to announce this agreement and to be able to ensure that our fans will enjoy the long-term comfort and stability that goes along with making Staples Center our home," Clippers executive vice president Andy Roeser said in a statement.

The agreement goes into effect immediately, the Clippers said. No other terms were announced.

"Our goal has always been to operate the world's most important and certainly most busy arena and this long-term agreement from our partners will certainly ensure this," AEG president and CEO Tim Leiweke said.

This season will be the Clippers' sixth at Staples Center. The team moved there from the Los Angeles Sports Arena when the Staples Center opened in 1999.

The Los Angeles Lakers and the NHL's Los Angeles Kings also play their home games at the center.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
that sucks. i really don't want the clippers to be in la with the lakers and maybe the stupid lakers will leave. that would be swell.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kooshdoctor
that sucks. i really don't want the clippers to be in la with the lakers and maybe the stupid lakers will leave. that would be swell.

It's be great if the Laker sall fell in th eLa Brea tar pits, too...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
maybe this will be the year that we have a better record than the lakers...that would be killer!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
your a Clips fan?

Awesome!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
haha, yeah, who on earth knows why...i started being a clipps fan when we had odom and miles and q, that was an incredible year. every since then i've been crazy about them. really weird since i'm from new england...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Good for you, man. And I certainly hope they have a better reocrd than the Lakers this season...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
haha, i'd just like 30 wins, that would be an improvement, and very well. being close to .500 would be cool too, but one step at a time.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
How's the team look this year, anyway? I haven't been up on the NBA as much as I usually am.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thats alot more time for them! I wonder if they will still be there in 10 years!! It should prove to be a good home for them!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's a pretty new building, I think, so it should last for them.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
oh i love the building, i just don't like the fact that the lakers play there too. i hate the lakers. our team should be pretty good. livingston is playing really well in the preseason and should hop right into the starting pg spot. when kittles is healthy, he'll be a solid shooting guard, and brand and maggette are all star calibre forwards. thankfully, with kaman sucking, wilcox slid in and smoked the center roll. i think we actually have a good shot this year.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
hopefully, but they are in the west, whcich is deep...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Heh the Clips should not be in LA anymore...the smart move for them would be to move back down to the Anaheim Pond. Slightly smaller stadium would get packed more often, and the Anaheim fan-base has a lot of potential to be tapped (Angel's set a team record in attendance this year)

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hey, is that a self protrait for your avatar?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Nope, Napoleon Dynamite. I recommend you go see it. Great movie.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
Nope, Napoleon Dynamite. I recommend you go see it. Great movie.

good thing man, i was gona let you have it...first a Lakers fan, then a dweeb

What's the movie about

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
imdb.com...

An alienated teen decides to help his new friend win the class presidency in their small town high school, while he must deal with his bizarre family life back home.
----------------------

Its a pretty good independent film, not much of a plot but its really character driven...love it or hate it. its been in theatres since June so it'll be a rental soon hopefully.

*cough* go lakers

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
ok, boo to the lakers. and i would love it if the clipps moved to anaheim. i was hoping that would happen for a while. i wanted us to get kobe and then move to anaheim. that would have been perfect. but of course, neither thing happened. boo.

top topics

join