It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: Red Sox Sweep Cardinals Breaking Curse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The Boston Red Sox have done it. They have swept the St. Louis Cardinals and won the World Series. This is an incredible come from behind story, after being down 3 games to none against the Yankees. The Red Sox won tonight 3-0.

news.yahoo.com
ST. LOUIS - The Boston Red Sox — yes, the Boston Red Sox! — are World Series champions at long, long last. No more curse and no doubt about it. Ridiculed and reviled through decades of defeat, the Red Sox didn't just beat the St. Louis Cardinals, owners of the best record in baseball, they swept them for their first crown since 1918.

Johnny Damon homered on the fourth pitch of the game, Derek Lowe made it stand up and the Red Sox won 3-0 Wednesday night. Edgar Renteria grounded out for the final out, wrapping up a Series in which the Red Sox never trailed.

Chants of "Let's go, Red Sox!" bounced all around Busch Stadium, with Boston fans as revved-up as they were relieved. Only 10 nights earlier, the Red Sox were just three outs from getting swept by the New York Yankees in the AL championship series before becoming the first team in baseball postseason history to overcome a 3-0 deficit.

[Edited on 10/28/2004 by Ben]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
wow, this is the single greatest day of my entire life!!!

Ben

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The yankees just wanted to let the sox's win one so that it would actually be a riarly

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
The yankees just wanted to let the sox's win one so that it would actually be a riarly

Yeah Ben, just like a Yankees fan, trying to take away from the accomplishment here.

I'm not a huge baseball fan, trust me, I've ben looking for a reason to start following this sport seriously for about 10 years, and it's always found ways to push me away, nost notably the Yanks and the Braves. I think that the game has finally answered my call...(certainly the Phils didn't!)

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox, thier fans, and the whole New England region! Now party sensibly!

:party-smiley-018::party-smiley-018::party-smiley-018:
:approve:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
it doesn't get any better than this!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Who's up for a road trip to Boston this weekend to join the party?

:party-smiley-018:

top topics

join